GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how many total miles are you getting out of a full tank?

·
Registered
3,610 Posts

If I go 80 mph, indicated, I get 37 mpg X 5.5 gallons = 203 miles

If I ride like a gramps on country roads I get 42X5.5=231 miles

That is based on filling up when the fuel light comes on with 1 gallon remaining in the tank.

I will not purposely run the tank dry when I can multiply 6.5 X my mpg.

Do a search on zackybilly1 where he tells total miles to engine stoppage for his bike with an aux fuel cell mounted on the passenger seat.

:thumbup:

·
Registered
137 Posts
I have a 2010 1800. I have never had the low gas light come on without having gone over 250 miles. I have never run it out of gas to see how far it would go on a tank however.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Milage

I went to Marquette and back this past weekend. I75, 75MPH 28 & 30MPG across the UP at 62MPH and it was 33.5MPG pulling my MTC Aluma both ways.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Light comes on around 235 miles then I gas up.

·
Registered
8,475 Posts
235 miles the other day, my bike for some reason gets better gas mileage than my two friend's bikes, an 06 and an 03, they both start screaming for gas way before mine does and I'm the agressive rider.

·
Registered
19,989 Posts
Typically when I fill up it takes 6 gallons. I have had a low of 190 with winter blends. In the summer I will vary between 220 and 250. I have been over 300 miles, but it has only happened 3 times in 9 years.

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
Riding two up, pulling my Bushtec at about 80 mph.....about 200 miles before I fill up

Getting about 36-40mpg on the highway

Around town and especially when twisting the throttle I get low 30's mpg

I think mpg is a better measure than how many miles per tank as a "tankful" measurement can vary greatly

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
The IBA magazine did a mpg study on various bikes and rated the Wing at 36 mpg. That's right in line with what I get running 70 mph on the highways. Much lower at 75-80 mph. I use my Garmin to calculate total mileage, the Honda odometer is very inaccurate and is very sensitive to tire pressure.

Reactions: Wingsconsin

·
Registered
297 Posts
My bike is closer to farmer jacks as just today pulling a cargo trailer and doing some highway interstate driving and some slow 2 lanes I had 200.9 miles on and the light was on and it took 6.135 gallons of gas which equals 32.746 miles per gallon

·
Registered
297 Posts
I usually fill up between 215 and 230 miles. Averaging 40-41 mpg..

·
Registered
8,095 Posts
I need a brake before my gas runs out, I stop at 200-225 to strech my legs, I'll gas up then.

·
Registered
584 Posts
2up no interstate stay under 3000 rpm I average 42 and as high as 46
and running 2 up on interstate 38 - 39 if i pull either trailer loaded it will drop to 34 - 36 on interstate

I record every fill up on my android phone using a program called acar
i average about 225 miles between fillups / top ups

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Do a search on zackybilly1 where he tells total miles to engine stoppage for his bike with an aux fuel cell mounted on the passenger seat.
I've rigged an 6.5 gallon auxilary fuel tank and now, am exploiting what I can get out of the main tank (without walking). http://gl1800riders.com/forums/showthread.php?t=249746

Last Saturday, I was riding back roads and got 316 miles out of the main tank before going dead (54 miles after the reserve light came on). On Sunday, I ran thru another tank (till it died) and got 311 miles (52 miles after the reserve light came on). For this ride, it was 40 miles of interstate running from rain storms and the balance on back roads.

Just before running out...auxilary tank full.

Zeroed trip meter "B" when reserve light came on. Died and coasted to the shoulder.

Total milage for the tank.

When pulling my CanAm trailer 85 mph on the interstate....33 mpg.

Z

·
Registered
258 Posts
A couple of times riding two-up and pulling a cargo trailer in Colorado and California we got over 300 on a tank. All I was thinkin' was, "She must be runnin' might lean!"
Usually here on the Right Coast I look for the light to come on between 210 and 230.
God Bless America,

1 - 20 of 54 Posts