GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think this is a Tulsa brand and was wondering how it compare to the other brand(s). Does it do a pretty good job deflecting the wind or do you have to have the complete set to notice any benefit?

I guess I would have to do without the lower pieces because I won't drill hole in any part of the Wing.

·
Registered
4,614 Posts
Worked for me and my wife. You can also leave it a little loose so you can swivel it to let in air if you wish. Tulsa does not recommend this, but many of us do it anyway...even though we'd never use a CT. :lol:

·
Registered
3,833 Posts
I prefer it over the Baker's,and the wife noticed more buffeting when I tried out the Baker's for a while.I put the Tulsa back on.
At times I do wish they were adjustable.

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
We both use the Tulsa and use them as Dan said. It really pushing in the air if you turn those babies around 1/2 way.

·
Registered
7,613 Posts
This one caused me more buffeting, not less. My sleeve still filled up with air and ballooned along with my jacket. They caused an uncomfortable wind up under my arm and that's the place moto jackets protect the least so in cold weather - brrrrrr. For some reason, mine broke when trying to adjust so I got Bakers. Bakers were better in all ways and easier to adjust.

IMHO of course.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I just installed a pair of the Tulsa mirror wings (three weeks ago). They have made it so that my hands stay a lot warmer, even at 28-34 F. It does seem that I get more cold air on the top of my thighs though. Over all I am very satisfied with them. I was careful to install them so that they are supported by the rubber around the mirrors. I feel that this takes a lot of stress away from the screws when traveling at higher speeds and in strong winds. So far, very good. If you remove them, be very careful not to cross the threads into the mirror base when reinstalling them. It is very easy to get the screw started crooked. It took about 8 tries on the first side but the second one went the first try.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Happy with the Tulsa mirror wings as they do move the air around my hands and seemed to help some of the buffetting the SO experiences. At some point in taking them off and putting them on I have cracked the right side, :cry: however it is still hanging in there. Will replace with the Tulsa someday.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Tulsa. Was one of the first of the few additions to my Wing.

B

·
0 Posts
I have the Tulsa and like them fine. Considering Waldo's comments, I'll bet he put his on backwards.

·
Registered
5,920 Posts
We do, and we like them.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I have a set of the Tulsa deflectors on my Illusion Blue '03. They were on it when I bought the bike, and I really like them.
I have had the Bakers on a few other bikes, and doubt that they would work any better than these.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Kikker said:
I think this is a Tulsa brand and was wondering how it compare to the other brand(s). Does it do a pretty good job deflecting the wind or do you have to have the complete set to notice any benefit?

I guess I would have to do without the lower pieces because I won't drill hole in any part of the Wing.

FYI...I have the Tulsa Lower Wind Wings and you don't have to drill any holes. They use the screws which are already used underneath the strip there. Just pull the strip. Screw the wings on and then replace the strip. Piece of cake and only 15 minutes of your time. I like em.

·
Registered
27 Posts
How many use this brand wind deflector?

I like the Tulsa deflectors; they do help keep hands warmer and offer a great wind reduction on arms and hands.

·
Registered
260 Posts
SilverHawk speaks truth. No drilling to install the Tulsa side wings. They are really nice for keeping the air off my SO. Then in the summer months, they work good at moving the air where you want it.

The mirror wings and the side wings from Tulsa are the best thing I added to the bike after purchase.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Tulsa

TULSA here. happy :yes:

·
Registered
322 Posts
Tulsa/Baker

I have a question. Do you or do you not have to drill holes in the fairing trim to install the Baker or Tulsa wind wings.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Baker-yes

Tulsa-no

1 - 20 of 23 Posts