GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering how much weight do you think a gl 1800 can tow, say for 500 miles?

·
Registered
9,391 Posts
General rule of thumb is to never tow more than half the weight of your vehicle and rider(s).

·
Registered
19,314 Posts
General rule of thumb is to never tow more than half the weight of your vehicle and rider(s).
+1 absolutely the rule so about 450lbs
250lbs is much more managable

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
450-500 lbs sounds about right to me also. I have seen pictures of Goldwings towing other bikes (one was towing a full dresser Harley) so these pictures is what got me thinking about this.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Vehicles can tow way more than they can stop!
Catch!
Catch, good point!

450-500 lbs sounds about right to me also. I have seen pictures of Goldwings towing other bikes (one was towing a full dresser Harley) so these pictures is what got me thinking about this.

(sorry for the double post)

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
under utube...you can see a Goldwing towing a car....

·
Registered
33 Posts
I bet the Wing would pull a house. The big deal is getting it to stop where ya want it.....

·
Dangerous Old Lady Biker
5,677 Posts
I'd only tow 500 lbs. if the trailer had brakes...

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
what about an 1800 wing towing a 75-79 standard wing using a trailer in a bag type of trailer?

·
Registered
4,012 Posts
I would think that the center of gravity being higher than a cargo or camper trailer, I wouldn't want to do it.

Could make the tow bike squirrely. JMHO

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I would think that the center of gravity being higher than a cargo or camper trailer, I wouldn't want to do it.

Could make the tow bike squirrely. JMHO
Good point

·
Registered
3,698 Posts
I was wondering how much weight do you think a gl 1800 can tow, say for 500 miles?
Useless Honda change their manuels on the newer Goldwings, my '03 manuel states "No Towing".

1 - 14 of 14 Posts