GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

My re-newal for insurance on my 2003 GW Motortrike is coming due and I want to see if I can shop and get a better price. I'm in th state of NC and I have lots of extras and a custom car 1940 Ford trailer that I paid $4,000 to pull.

Please, tell me what company you are using and how much you pay and are you happy with the company.

Thanks for sharing the info!

P. Stan (boscoporp)

·
Registered
201 Posts
I have dairyland insurance and pay $300 a year.....gwrra is a discount but HOG is $120 a year discount and only cost $40 to join

I think dairyland in one of the best and cheapest out there

·
Registered
3,767 Posts
Foremost throught AARP.
06 Trike, Breeze cargo trailer and Bunkhouse camper = $165.00 a year

·
Banned
7,603 Posts
Same companies have different rates depending on where you live.
Having stated that: State Farm for East/Central Indiana. $259.38/yr
Liability:
Bodily injury 100,000/300,000
Property Damage 25,000
Medical 1,000
Comp 50deductible
Collision 500deductible
Uninsured motor vehicle:
Property Damage 10,000
Underinsured Motor Vehicle:
Make sure you document and picture all accessories and note: Most insurance companies consider the trike conversion kit an accessory!

·
Registered
293 Posts
Whatever info you get here will be worthless. :eek:4:

Insurance prices will vary greatly between states and even neighbors. For example: 06 Champion pays $165 through Formost in Wisconsin, Here in NJ I pay almost $500 through Formost.

The only way you can get a real answer for your situation is to do the leg work and call as many as possible.

A better question may be, Which insurers give better service?

·
Registered
3,767 Posts
Also consider your driving record.
Clean or accidents and tickets make a difference.
I never had none of those it all my years of driving, now age 69!

·
Registered
10,847 Posts
There are so many variables that can affect insurance rates that even the experience of the guy across the street thaw works beside you on the assembly line means little or nothing. You got it right in your first sentence. There's no way to know without going shopping for yourself. Be sure to compare apples to apples, not oranges.

Hi everyone,

My re-newal for insurance on my 2003 GW Motortrike is coming due and I want to see if I can shop and get a better price. I'm in th state of NC and I have lots of extras and a custom car 1940 Ford trailer that I paid $4,000 to pull.

Please, tell me what company you are using and how much you pay and are you happy with the company.

Thanks for sharing the info!

P. Stan (boscoporp)

·
Registered
168 Posts
Also it will be a lot higher if you get replacement cost on the insurance.

But it sure is nice if you wreck your Trike and get the money to replace it with a new one and not just the money for what it is currently worth.

·
Registered
10,847 Posts
Harry,
You are absolutely correct.

Whatever info you get here will be worthless. :eek:4:

Insurance prices will vary greatly between states and even neighbors. For example: 06 Champion pays $165 through Formost in Wisconsin, Here in NJ I pay almost $500 through Formost.

The only way you can get a real answer for your situation is to do the leg work and call as many as possible.

A better question may be, Which insurers give better service?

·
Registered
109 Posts
400 a year with Shelter..... it is replacement cost and limits are the highest they offer cause of an umbrella policy I have with them.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts