GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
NATIONWIDE MUTUAL INSURANCE survey
according to the survey, both male and female motorcyclist committed over half of there total money spent on leisure activities to accessories and improvments to there motorcycles over the past five years..male riders invested more than $7,000. on there bikes over this time period,more than any other group of powersport enthusiast.
I SPENT THAT THE FRIST YEAR. AND STILL SPENDING.

·
Registered
547 Posts
I spent about $3500, and that's all I'm going to spend on accessories. I knew what I wanted to put on the bike before I bought it, and put them on as soon as I got my hands on it. I'm done now.

·
Registered
9,389 Posts
too

·
Premium Member
19,868 Posts
zero on chrome
$800 on GPS
$300 on satelite plus service
$3500 on trailer
$450 on electronics
$650 helmets(2)
$500 on front suspension
$250 All Balls Bearings
$25 Boots-BMW brand closeout
$200 jacket
closeout
$250 **** O pegs
$50 Battery guage
$300 Hitch
$50 cover
$140 ice cooler
$350 tires
$ 89 grips
$160 painted shelter
$ 200 ram mounts
Please don't add.
No chrome but I have the disease.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
I'm right up there . thanks to Hal the accessories I have purchased were at least less expensive than they could have been.

Not sure about other motorcycles, but think of how many "accessories" we have purchased for the GL1800 that SHOULD have been included as part of the original motorcycle purchase. Items that were included on the GL1500 that were dropped from the GL1800.

·
Registered
7,424 Posts
Does that include things that make the bike fit me like the seat, bar risers, and windshield? Cause I guess it can add up...
Traxxion stuff, seat, risers, shield, cb, fork brace, armrests, trunk rack, mirror wings, electric clothes, electric grips, jacket, pants, gloves, boots, bags, tools, etc.
Over $5K but not much more than that. But I could get carried away if I hit the lotto...

·
Registered
296 Posts
I've had my 06 about 5 weeks and spent $2200.00

Had my 98 for 3 years spent about $7000.00

Had my 93 for 3 years spent about the same

Had my 91 for 4 days, Got hit from the rear. cost me about $80000.00

Had my 85 for 1 year. I didn't spend a dime on extra's

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Bought my current wing in May. If we include the new tariler I am probably just short of $10K... And I have yet to do the Traxxion update yet, that will have to wait for Wing Ding.

Why the trailer you may ask... I had to have some way to haul all of Princess' purchases on trips. I have to make up to her for spending all this money some how! :oops:

·
Registered
255 Posts
Not counting the CSC kit I have spent over $6,000.00, no chrome, and have not even got the bike yet, but don't tell the SO :roll:

·
Registered
95 Posts
i'm not a chrome kinda guy at all. the accessories i buy have to be functional. i bought ~$1200 worth of accessories so far. here's what i bought:

RAM Mounts $59.27
Nose Mask $69.95
12V Socket $31.95
Philips Rally Bulbs - 6 $190.24
Day-Long $836.12

and gave the nose mask to a friend. just didn't like the way it fit. i'm going to try the 3M clear protective sheets. biggest accessory is the day-long seat and well worth it. the only other accessories i'll put on the bike are related to getting me and my pax communicating so i can keep her awake back there. :)

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
In store bought, perhaps $500. Want a bunch more (no chrome though), but priorities are what they are.

·
Registered
378 Posts
260.00 for rear spoiler with brake light
35.00 for chrome front fairing air intake accents
35.00 for handlebar folding drink holder
19.00 for chrome ignition key accent
--------
349.00 total

Next I am looking to purchase the EC platium driving lights.
Cost 199.00

1 - 20 of 31 Posts