GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many Gerbing items can be hooked up on the Wing ?
If I have the Gloves, Vest, Pants, and socks on, and my Wife has the
same, that would be a total of 8 items hooked up on the Wing.
Is there something else that is needed to wire all of these up and not blow the system ??

I HATE Winter ... :cus: :snow1: :snow1: :biker: :rain1: :snow1:

:bow: :sun1:

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
All of it.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Assuming your fuse and wire gauge to the battery is sufficient, you don't have to worry about the alternator coping. It is a total beast. It puts out more wattage than a lot of car alternators.

Heated clothes seldom run the rated wattage. Even with slow city driving you will not be in deficit. Of course, If you have a 1,000 watt custom stereo and an extra 500 watts of accessory lighting, please disregard this post. :wink:

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Lazyboy said:
Of course, If you have a 1,000 watt custom stereo and an extra 500 watts of accessory lighting, please disregard this post. :wink:
Or just sit on the amp and shine the lights on your hands and feet and you will be toasty! (and well tanned!)

·
Registered
21,092 Posts
you and the wife can both wear the full Gerbings setup without any worry, the GL1800 can handle it all pretty easy

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Gerbings gloves 2.2 amps 27 watts, vest 4.5 amps 54 watts, pants 3.6 amps 44 watts, socks 2.2 amps 27 watts. Total 12.5 amps 152 watts.
For two people that would be 25 amps and 304 watts. Any other extras would add on to that total. Bike should be able to take it but maybe at a slow idle stopped your headlights would go dim.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I have the same set up for a few years with no issues

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
Here is what you do get a cheap trailer and then mount a 5000 watt generator in it. Then you will have all the power you will ever need. LOL's You can run two complete sets of Gerbing's off the GL1800 without any problems.

·
Registered
21,092 Posts
ElBando said:
Gerbings gloves 2.2 amps 27 watts, vest 4.5 amps 54 watts, pants 3.6 amps 44 watts, socks 2.2 amps 27 watts. Total 12.5 amps 152 watts.
For two people that would be 25 amps and 304 watts. Any other extras would add on to that total. Bike should be able to take it but maybe at a slow idle stopped your headlights would go dim.
thats 304 watts when the heat troller is set to max, i have never riden with it set to max, rarely even halfway

1 - 11 of 11 Posts