GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I became curious as I sat on the phone ordering another 300.00 worth of items from HDL. How much have I spent on my TOY. If our SO's had spent any where near what we have we would blow a gasket. Here it is..
2003 Gold Wing Expense

$14,750.00 Bike, Tax Title Helmets w/Intercom, Front fender/trunk rail
Trunk spoiler, Front Fender trim, emblem, chrome levers.
High Way pegs
1,428.00 CD player and CB with Antenna
325.00 Chrome wheels
49.00 Headlight Armor
23.00 Passenger Step Cover
60.00 CNC Grips
279.00 Seat Modifications
19.00 Power Outlet
470.00 lower Chrome Cowl, Exhaust Cowls, Frame Cover,
passenger step side cover, scuff cover, pivot cover,
Lighted Rotor Covers
50.00 Faring Side Exhaust trim, Master Cyl Covers, Trunk Key
plate.
20.00 Stainless belly pan
10.00 Rear Speakers and wiring harness
230.00 Tulsa XT with Vent
71.00 Wood Dash trim kit
28.00 Key FOB
160.00 Headsets
390.00 Torq Master Mufflers and Baffles
13.00 Front Fender Reflectors
59.00 Driver Peg Bracket
50.00 Trunk /Bag trim
35.00 Trunk/Bag mats
42.00 Manual
233.00 Two new tires and install

$18,561.00
620.00 Sold Wheel, tires, mufflers, and trim.
$17,941.00 out of pocket THUS FAR. AND COUNTING…….

I dont guess that is too bad for all I have on this thing.

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
No Way!!!

My folder with all my receipts is quite thick and there is no way I am going to total them up -- it would be a higher total than yours. Same for my Valk. I consider these TOTAL figures to be classified information!!!!

·
Registered
5,252 Posts
I keep reciepts and instructions. I do not add them up though.

If I spend the money on the parts I have already justified the cost in my mind.

On a side note , I do not have to fight with my wife on this stuff. I am one of the lucky ones where my wife has never argued with the hobby stuff

·
Registered
70 Posts
I have it all listed on a excelsheet
horrible reading.

Translated from Swedish krones to $
30.666$ for the bike 02ABS
6.660$ in adds (I have hardly begun)
2.000$ personal equipment.
39.330$

ARE WE HAVING FUN YET? No not jet, but let me buy some new toys for the wing and then maybe....
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Thirsty Member
2,579 Posts
Tony in AZ said:
On a side note , I do not have to fight with my wife on this stuff. I am one of the lucky ones where my wife has never argued with the hobby stuff
I'm one one of the lucky one's too ! She doesn't ask me about my purchases and I don't question hers.

We both know our limits.

I don't think I would want to see the amount in print. It would be a pretty scary sight to see ! :shock:

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
When I got the Goldwing, I told her it would be cheaper in the long run because it already had everything and I wouldn't be adding a lot of expensive accessories. What a crock of BS! Lucky for me, she knew I was full of it from the get-go, and hasn't held me to it!

·
Registered
296 Posts
Classified!

The amount I have spent on my 1800 is so classified, I don't even know! But, it sure is fun to see the results!

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

·
Registered
325 Posts
crap............ all those chrome goodies

·
Registered
4,863 Posts
This question is totally illogical and should never be answered. It's an on-going process that will be done when it's done. If and when the total number is determined and the receipts that are stacked neatly in one pile in a cupboard then that total will will get one quick look and as quickly forgotten.

The price of fun is not always cheap, but life is short so have as much fun as you can while you can. All too soon it's too late.

DaleC

·
Registered
231 Posts
I wouldn't add it up even if I did keep all the receipts. I "needed" it and I bought it. The only justification I had to make was for the CB. I even got the XM as a gift for Christmas.
Don't forget, the arm rests and the hand wings were for her! :D

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
32K + and that doesn't include the camping trailer.

Jerry

·
Registered
615 Posts
Jann, do you have some pics of your icelandic horses?

OK so you want a price??????????????????????????????

Too embarrassed :oops: :wink: :lol:

But probably around 15 on top of all available Honda extras added at purchase of around 20 ..... OK OK I said it out loud,,,are you proud of yourselves??????????????

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
OK OK OK, I KNOW.... I'M meddling

I guess I was just thinking out loud again. But at least now I can tell the wife some of you guys are way ahead of me. That ought to give me another few hundred dollars slack for the other STUFF I just cant live without. In all honesty "Stella" loves this bike as much as I do. She is a rider from way back, like in 1972. I taught her to ride a Honda CB 160. Then a Harley 350, than a Suzuki 250 enduro, then ..... She rode the Honda 750 and I rode the Norton 750. It was kinda funny having to go stand her bike up at the red light when it would just tip over on her. At 5'3" and 104 # any miscalculation and over it would go onto the engine gards. That was only a couple of times. She loves the back seat of the wing so much she wont even consider her own bike now. Go figure.
If we dont spend it now, our kids will just fight over it.
Living large and loving life
Allan

·
Registered
267 Posts
"If it aint for saftey or comfort I won't buy it Honey

Guess how long that statemnt flew? Lucky for me the doodads I got were to replace "damaged stuff" she doesn't know what they are. Thats not so say I lie "perish the thought" it's just that one of the handlebar dampers really did fall off on a run up the Empire Grade in Felton Ca.

Since the pearl yellow dampers probably cost as much as the stock, why not get the pretty colored ones ? (Yeah Right)

Belly pan , cee bailey headlight covers .vp led mirror turn signal lights,krome wherks back rest and a new set of Avons,"You want me to be safe on the road don't you Hon?

The future only knows how far I can push it, those darn order shipped messages just give me away every time . Oh well.

I don't know anyone that gets out of this life alive, might as well have as much fun possible.

Buck Yellow Wing :lol: 8) :lol: :yw1: :yw1: :yw1: :yw1: :yw1:

·
Registered
267 Posts
You post caused me to add it up. OUCH!!! I am finished for now.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Well...it's early in the game for me....just started in Aug 03 :D but..

15900 purchase price added to date:
EC Platinum driving lights
arm rests
polk rear speakers
ergo II pegs

I'm showing considerable restraint :shock: but I do have a list of gonna gets....and will as time and $$ are available.

·
Registered
5,407 Posts
Dowco II Cover- Krome Werks Backrest- Tulsa Belly Pan- Mirror Air Deflectors- Goldwing Ballcap- HJC Headsets-

Chrome Scuff Covers- Exhaust Turndown Tips- Yusa Battery Charger- Ultagard Helmet Bags- Kuryakyn Off Set Dually Pegs

Passenger Arm Rest- Custom Windshield Cover- Passenger Cup Holder- Lower Cowl Deflectors- Honda Rear Speakers- Switch Block-

Accessory Socket- Honda CB Antenna- V&P Tunnel Fillers- Honda CB- Baker Wings w/Lowers- Medallion Front Fender Extension

Medallion Trunk Handle- Rear Spoiler w/brakelight- Antenna Flags- CB Antenna Light- Smooth Mirror Trim- Kuryakyn Regal Wood Dash

Medallion Key Plate Accent- Run/Brake Spoiler Harness- Chrome Brake Accent- Front Fender Filler- Chrome Rear Fender Trim

All this comes out to about $2,970.00, give or take a little. And I could spend another $3,000.00 without blinking an eye, & I probably will. :shock: Anyone got an extra credit card they're not using? :wink:

·
Registered
824 Posts
Let's see now; '03 w/ABS, Bushtec hitch w/cooler caddy and a trailer with cooler (for the wife :roll: ), Hartco seat as the stock seat just wasn't comfortable enough for either of us, chrome wheels because the originals were so hard for the wife to keep clean, XM radio for the wife, Kennedy Cellset so the wife can get ahold of me when she wants, Garmin GPS so the wife knows where she is all the time, lots of chrome cause the wife says it looks pretty, exhaust turn downs because they look better according to the wife, saddle and trunk lights w/chrome for the wifes benefit as she thinks the cages will see us better, trunk cubbies for the wife's use, wife's arm rests, handle bar risers for the wife (so she won't be asked to massage my neck and shoulders so often), rotor covers w/led's again for the cages to see us better, complete set of Baker air wings for the wife, Cee Bailey shield for the wife, ISO grips, chrome boards for the wife, cover to keep it cleaner (to lessen the time she has to spend keeping the bike clean), and the front fender extension.

I know that I've left out many more things for the wifes comfort (both physical and mental). And as you can clearly tell, if it were not for the wife wanting to tag along, I would have had a nearly stock bike if it had been left up to me. :eek:w1: :money1: :wink:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts