GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MY LOCAL DEALER WANTS $650.00 FOR EXTENDED WARRANTY. WHAT'S THE AVERAGE PRICE ? I PURCHASED THE BIKE USED FROM AN INDIVIDUAL SO HE DOESN'T OWE ME ANYTHING BUT IM AFRAID IF I PURCHASE SOME WHERE ELSE IT COULD CAUSE PROBLEMS .

·
Registered
462 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
If you like your local dealer, I'd give him or her the first shot to price match it. Nice thing is that since you know Hal's price, it'll be easy to walk away if they refuse to do so.

W

·
0 Posts
I found mine on e-bay offered by another dealer not far away.
Went to my dealer and ask them to match it and they did.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Extended warranty question

Is it possible to buy the extended warranty after you have purchased the bike. I am supposed to pick up my new GL1800 this week and they have offerred me the 3 year extended warranty for $550. If Hal is selling it cheaper then I would certainly wait and buy it there but I guess my question is will I still be able to buy an extended warranty as long as I do it before the factory warranty expires.

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Newblue, you have three years. as long as you buy it while it is still under your original warranty.

W

·
0 Posts
For those that buy a used Goldwing,
I would think a extended warrenty is a must if the orignal warrenty is good yet, and the bike is less then 3yrs. old.

Would be a great buy if buying from a dealer and he would throw in the extended warrenty.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts