GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 non ABS with 9800 miles, new tires, ECM, backrest, CB, luggage rack and spoiler. Any one have a guess as to the difference to trade for a like 2004 with same equip.? Book shows wholesale to be approx $8860. Just curious if anyone has traded up 2 years and approx difference.

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Rabbit,

I think that I would try to sell private first. Ebay second and then if nothing, do the trade.

There has been a lot of rumor about waiting for the 05 version. I have only heard rumors.

Good Luck in anything that you do.

Bulldog

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
I do remember that a local dealer here (Max Pitts) at Peru IN had an 02 the first of Dec. It had a CB, some extra chrome. and some of the warranty still on it. I think it had around 30.000 miles on it. They were asking 12,999 and it was gone in less than two days. They sell alot of 1800,s new and used. I don't know what they actually got for it or if it was sold straight out or a trade.

·
Registered
116 Posts
OK Bulldog, you have my attention. What rumors about the 05's have you heard? Since the Black Cherry has come out I've been thinking that '05 might be the time for an upgrade. Piper

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Piper said:
OK Bulldog, you have my attention. What rumors about the 05's have you heard? Since the Black Cherry has come out I've been thinking that '05 might be the time for an upgrade. Piper
Piper,
Word is they are going to do a drastic redesign of the cooling system, which will involve as a minimum a redesign of the fairing.

Not a lot of info other than that... at least not that I have heard

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
OK guys...here's the scoop
2800 cc injected engine, afterburners, pilot, sorry....driver ejection seat, built in coffee pot and microwave. These will all be standard features. Options will be plentiful and all accessories will have to be purchased from Honda.
Well, there it is!!!!

·
Registered
30 Posts
2005 GoldWing

CaWing said:
OK guys...here's the scoop
2800 cc injected engine, afterburners, pilot, sorry....driver ejection seat, built in coffee pot and microwave. These will all be standard features. Options will be plentiful and all accessories will have to be purchased from Honda.
Well, there it is!!!!
If that is the scoop, I will keep the 02 that I have !

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Piper,

It is all rumor, and definitely not from any qualified source. I think it might even be coming from Bookies.

Rumor is that they will drastically make the necessary changes that it takes to clean up all the recurring problems that our bikes have had up to this date.

As a whole, Honda's reputation has not been blemished all that bad. But on the Touring bike side, Honda has a great public relations problem to deal with. Best way to do that is build a better bike, with less frequency of recurring problems.

Makes sense to me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts