1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
:lol: And they say that Wings have a lot of tupperware. :lol:

·
Registered
344 Posts
Ah...the future leaders of our nation putting their minds (?) together.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Andrew,
I've gotten some laughs off this board, but man THAT is the best one yet :!: :eek:ops2:

·
Registered
596 Posts
UH-OH, Better call MAACO !! :D

·
Registered
229 Posts
Man....... that would ruin your whole day. :eek: :oops: :? :x

·
Registered
188 Posts
man did that make me laugh....that is the total reason why here in western new york if i stop to help someone out that is stuck i tell them that they have to hook up the chain or tow strap to there car/truck that way i aint to blame when what just happened happens cause it really does lmao

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Very Funny (or not so funny) depending on where you watch this from.

Howie, I am like you, I will stop and help someone, but I have them hook up to their vehicle. I tell them to hook the other side of the chain to whatever, they don't mind me pulling off of their vehicle.

Bulldog

·
Registered
615 Posts
Andrew, I can't get it. I got the 'other' one last night. Joy

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Too Funny.

Made me smile thou, because now I know someone else has about the same luck as me.

Joy, Want me to email it to ya?

·
Young Buck
2,551 Posts
Why do I have the suspicion that this was staged? Why were we videotaping such an event, unless it was known that something was going to happen?

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Never thought of it as being staged. I usually never have a camera when I should have taken a picture. Just my thought, but as far being staged, could be, but doubts it.

·
Thirsty Member
2,579 Posts
That was a good one !! I also questioned about it being staged, but then again, I don't have that kind of money laying around to pay for a staged event like that. :?

If I was rich enough, you guys wouldn't let me near your bikes !! :D :D

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
I don't think it was staged, video cameras are so popular now that some people take videos of almost anything. The obvious point is that the strap was hooked to the underside of the bumper, not a good idea! :oops:

Particularly on a plastic car like a Saturn!

·
Young Buck
2,551 Posts
hedoman said:
I also questioned about it being staged, but then again, I don't have that kind of money laying around to pay for a staged event like that. :?
We never see the passenger side or a good shot of the front end of the car... That could have been an already totalled car, and we were seeing only the good sides of it. If it is going to the junkyard anyway, then have some fun with it.

Also, that car is neither new nor particularly valuable. Appears to be an early 90's Geo Storm to me.

·
Registered
9,099 Posts
Reminds me of some guys I worked with. We were logging in some pretty rugged areas in the mud. The log trucks would get loaded, but to get up the hill to the ridgetop road, they needed a pull with a Cat tractor. The cat skinner hooked onto a six month old Peterbuilt, took up the slack in the winchline, and started up. About half way up the hill, the loaded log trailer slid off the road into the ditch.

The cat skinner did not look back, and kept right on going. When he got there and stopped, all he saw was the front bumper, hood, grille shell and radiator.

The truck driver getting the pull was doing just fine until he came to the first corner. The cable pulled the truck to the side of the road into the ditch. He jumped on the CB to tell the cat to stop, blew the air horn, etc, but the cat just kept going. He heard the breaking, saw the hood seperate from the cab, water shoot out, and the front of the truck headed up the hill. All he could look at was the top of the engine and the fan spinning.

There were three more of us waiting to get loaded. Nope, we decided against that, but had to wait four hours while the got the truck unstuck and pulled to the top so we could get by.

Retirement is nearly as much fun......

1 - 20 of 26 Posts