1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
8,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
He'll be cruising along at 35 mph in 6th gear, wack the throttle open to pass someone and wonder why the engine "pings".

·
Registered
198 Posts
Being a previous Vision owner...I can tell you those bikes have huge amounts of torque. They can handle it. Of course we all know he will not have power in 5th gear at that speed, but it will cruise with no problems in 5th hear at low speeds. They get great fuel MPG too...the one thing I miss about my Vision.

·
Registered
3,645 Posts
Being a previous Vision owner...I can tell you those bikes have huge amounts of torque. They can handle it. Of course we all know he will not have power in 5th gear at that speed, but it will cruise with no problems in 5th hear at low speeds. They get great fuel MPG too...the one thing I miss about my Vision.
Sure sounded like the engine was lugging to me...

·
Registered
906 Posts
Who says he's dumb enough to leave the bike in a high gear if/when he should ever need to pass? I call that downshifting. Lot's of people do it, not just me. :doorag:

·
Registered
924 Posts
Cant fix stupid, but he is probably is a NEWBIE. I keep mine in a good rpm range - you can use the engine power to slow down or power out of a bad situation....the way he rides is just WRONG.

Jer

·
Registered
8,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Who says he's dumb enough to leave the bike in a high gear if/when he should ever need to pass? I call that downshifting. Lot's of people do it, not just me. :doorag:

Nothing wrong with downshifting a gear to pass, but it's totally wrong to down shift 3 gears all at once in order to have enough power to pass or to just get out of a particular situation, that's what he would have to do.

The way he's riding, for what ever reason, looks like he's just inexperienced, is totally wrong, dangerous and I hope you're not defending that type of riding.

·
Love The DCT
11,783 Posts
Sure sounded like the engine was lugging to me...
Naw, the engine wasn't lugging. In 5th gear on a Vic, you can let the speed drop down to 30 mph then wack the throttle wide open without lugging the engine. The 106 motor has lots of torque down low. :doorag:

·
Registered
8,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Naw, the engine wasn't lugging. In 5th gear on a Vic, you can let the speed drop down to 30 mph then wack the throttle wide open without lugging the engine. The 106 motor has lots of torque down low. :doorag:
Murf, he wasn't really lugging it because he wasn't giving it any gas, if he was to squeeze the throttle just a bit more he would be lug the **** out of it, he was actually easing on the throttle as he went up on the gears.

Watch the video again.

·
Registered
502 Posts
I too feel sorry for the bike but a lot of Wingers do the same and wonder why there transmissions are falling apart well there's the reason. Good learning video on how NOT to ride a bike. :wrong:

·
Registered
8,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I too feel sorry for the bike but a lot of Wingers do the same and wonder why there transmissions are falling apart well there's the reason. Good learning video on how NOT to ride a bike. :wrong:

Bingo !!!

·
Registered
19,054 Posts
Unfortunately I have seen wingers do the same thing

·
Registered
198 Posts
Unless you have ridden a Vic with the 106 you will never know the amount of torque the have and how low you can run the RPMs. They do not even compare to a Wing in this area. All these comments based on a 12 second clip... :roll:

·
Registered
7,008 Posts
Which is worse...this? Or shifting near redline?

I know which is more fun....

·
Registered
8,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Unless you have ridden a Vic with the 106 you will never know the amount of torque the have and how low you can run the RPMs. They do not even compare to a Wing in this area. All these comments based on a 12 second clip... :roll:
Well... in 12 seconds he shifted 4 times possibly 5, what more do we need ?

And... are saying the Victory has more torque then the Wing ?

1 - 20 of 42 Posts