GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to make some custom harnesses and would like to find out if anyone knows a source for the red aux 12VDC plug and receptacle. Like the one behind the left pocket. Also I'd like to buy some sets of the audio aux as well. I already have a cigarette lighter adapter in the pocket that was dealer installed. The power sets will be used to jumper in some other items. I hate to use the press on power splices and really want to use good connectors for everything. I just dont know the manufacturer name or part numbers etc...

·
Registered
212 Posts

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Yes, wingstuff is a good source for these. I bought a pair (front and rear) they come naked so you have to wire wrap them with electrical tape. I did a soldered and shrink wrap tubing splice to add a connector for the garmin. I bought a electronic 2 contact connector set from Fry's for the garmin and did the whole job in about 30 minutes.

I believe they run about 13.00 and 15.00 respectively. Not bad price wise. The honda accessory outlet has an onboard 3a fuse and is very waterproof. But it runs about $30 or so. I put the accessory outlet inside the trunk lid inner shell when I added the brake light modulator. It went in without a hitch. Now I can have 12v accessory access in the trunk as well as the front pocket.

·
Registered
89 Posts
There is a company called Power Let, you might google it to find the url. They have a lot of different adapters and connector, might have what you need.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts