GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
I think Max made a valid point for those that think that buying an aftermarket seat is an automatic solution to their problem of an uncomfortable seat. For some it does not matter what seat they buy, they will not get relief but there are some that think buying seat A, B or C will bring instant relief.

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
So, what is the difference in watching a 5 min. video giving advice on how to properly find a saddle "you" (and "spouse") can find a comfortable seat without spending mega money over and over with trial and error and potential hard feeling from bad advice; or spending 5 min. reading it? You can hit "stop" as easily as stopping reading and move on. I don't have a problem with it being a video and he still makes a very valid point that may get reduced as text and potentially glossed over. Besides, Max makes videos for use other than here as video. So, why shot the video for those other uses and then have to type all of that into a post for other platforms when he can just post the video he already shot?

I have a WingSoft on my 2018, but I would have been much happier with my original seat that I modified. Except I ended up damaging the cover and heat wires trying to fix one other issue I had with it. I may eventually take the WingSoft seat and remove the driver bottom section and put in the section I modified before I hosed it. Then I would really have something.

·
Registered
6,513 Posts
I just went to Walmart and purchased a car seat cushion, (under $15.00 dollars) and placed on top of my stock seat, and ride away .... My wallet loves me and my spinster muscle thanks me :p
Ronnie

·
Registered
758 Posts
His advice (being the "guru guy" of all things Goldwing) is that he has no advice. A seat is personal decision. Save yourself 5:26, and move on to something edifying, or at least entertaining. Sheesh.
I just watched the video and find it great advice. He speaks the truth, only one person has the true answer. That said, my bulbous brown round (fat hairy butt) is the only true feedback device that can answer that question for me.

·
Registered
6,513 Posts
I just watched the video and find it great advice. He speaks the truth, only one person has the true answer. That said, my bulbous brown round (fat hairy butt) is the only true feedback device that can answer that question for me.
I kinda like the way you put it here :p lol

Ronnie

Reactions: Max McAllister
1 - 6 of 6 Posts