GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry this is repost from the old board but I was on travel and didn't get a chance to check replies.

If you have ideas about how to mount lights I would like to know.

Also if there are any lessons learned out there please let me know so I don't have to experiance them first hand.

Thanks.

Jay

BTW, temp got down to 25 today on the way in.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Bike Decorating

Jay
We just had our parade this past weekend. Most of our group purchased battery operated light sets bought at Dollar Store. Ten lights per strand and use 2 C cell batteries. One fellow had rope lights strung over his rig which included an 1800 w/ trailer and sidecar. He ran his with two twelve volt batteries.
Garland can also be used just make sure that any tape used to attach these does not touch your bikes paint. I thought it would be great to wrap the trunks like presents but I ran out of prep time. I had a 4 foot stuffed bear ride with me and the kids loved it.
Hope this helps.... Have a Great time

·
Registered
54 Posts
Christmas Parade Lights

Silver Ghost

We have been participating in night time Christmas Parades for the last 5 years. What we do is, carry a Marine Battery or another 12-volt battery (lawn mower type) and connect 12-volt converters. We use the 12-volt converters to run normal 110-volt Christmas Lights. We have had no problems running with this setup. If you were to loose power to the bike from running too slow to keep the battery charged, we jump it back off with the spare battery and continue on. Some of the guys even connect cables from the spare battery directly to the Motorcycle battery so that it will not die as a result of running so slow. We have had as many as 500 lights on a motorcycle with this setup! Hope this helps! :lol:

Crewsn

1 - 3 of 3 Posts