GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I remember seeing somewhere that there was a bike stand on wheels(not a jack) that allowed one to move a bike around in tight places easily. Does anyone know where to purchase one? My garage is oversized however with 2 bikes 2 cars and all the other junk it makes it hard to get the Wing in and out without a hassle. All suggestions other than build another garage is welcomed.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
no personal experience with these but your question got me to thinking about how nice that would be to have in my garage, so here is a couple I found.

This one is cutting it close at a capacity if 900lbs. $350

http://www.etoolcart.com/index.asp?Page ... rodID=7197

Best find $297.99 on sale free shipping. 1500 lbs capacity

http://www.motoleather.com/mocydo.html

Think I will make up a material list to see how much it will cost to make my own as I do have access to the bender, welder ect. I do know that just the casters can be rather expensive, or at least the last time I needed some for a furniture dolly they were, and the one above for $297.99 with free shipping sure sounds like a whole lot less work :lol:

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
I made one years ago out of heavy angle iron and large casters mounted on wings to the side of the rail. I gave it away after buying a 1500 with reverse. I just used it to ride in, spin around and ride back out of the shed.

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
I use my bull dog lift! I put the wing or HD on the jack and wheel it out of the way or where ever i need it.

·
Fire Eating Member
6,473 Posts
get a 1/4" piece of teflon.. available from air boat builders... park you bike on it on the center stand... then just whirl it around... it only needs to be about 16"x16" square...

cosmic

·
Registered
317 Posts
I modified my bike lift so that I can lift the wing with the center stand down then wheel it into place. I don't have room to leave it on the lift or to have it lean on the side stand.

The modification involved welding a piece of 1 X 2 steel tube across the lift arms and extending through the stand. I also used a piece of angled steel to act as a locator/lift point on the lowered center stand. The othe mod was to add two pieces of 1 X2 tube to the forward arm. I found that placing them on an incline improved the stability. I also replaced the steel casters with ones similiar to the Dog lift. Now it rolls almost to easy.

·
Registered
536 Posts
get a 1/4" piece of teflon.. available from air boat builders... park you bike on it on the center stand... then just whirl it around... it only needs to be about 16"x16" square...
Air boat builders may be common down there is south Louisiana, but they're pretty tough to find here in northern Illinois. :D

Anybody have any others ideas on sources for 1/4" thick teflon :?:

·
Registered
312 Posts
Instead of nitrogen, put helium in the tires. It's easy to move then.

:wink:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts