GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't want to see that forum at all, ever. It's annoying to get into the General Discussion threads only to see several posts into a thread that what I'm reading is irrelevant to my bike.

I've tried posting to the 2018 Forum one time, then using Filters to ignore any posts but my own. Unfortunately it seems Filters reset between access or sessions.

Is this possible? How do I do it if so. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
I don't want to see that forum at all, ever. It's annoying to get into the General Discussion threads only to see several posts into a thread that what I'm reading is irrelevant to my bike.

I've tried posting to the 2018 Forum one time, then using Filters to ignore any posts but my own. Unfortunately it seems Filters reset between access or sessions.

Is this possible? How do I do it if so. Thanks.
The line under the "Topic" line states which forum is was posted on. It's on the far right.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Administrator
1,542 Posts
I am not sure I understand what you are asking.

Are you using New to access new posts?

If so, below the title includes the section name of each.

- Cricket

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am not sure I understand what you are asking.

Are you using New to access new posts?

If so, below the title includes the section name of each.

- Cricket
I'm asking, "Can I block or filter out a particular section of the forum, and never have it come up on my screen?" I mentioned the 2018 forum but it could be any of the others... RTE, Off topic, FAQ.
I know I can slow down and read the full thread discussion, and there see where it was posted. As I said to Greyhound, that doesn't work for me (meaning I often miss where a thread got posted) and I'd prefer to filter/block any messages from an area.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm asking, "Can I block or filter out a particular section of the forum, and never have it come up on my screen?" I mentioned the 2018 forum but it could be any of the others... RTE, Off topic, FAQ.
I know I can slow down and read the full thread discussion, and there see where it was posted. As I said to Greyhound, that doesn't work for me (meaning I often miss where a thread got posted) and I'd prefer to filter/block any messages from an area.
One additional thought: I think some confusion comes into it when the 2018 posters use cross-over forums like the General MC forum, or Tech, etc. but it's a 2018+ specific issue, answer, question.

·
Administrator
1,542 Posts
You can add filters to the NEW page, but it is more you can filter what to include rather than what NOT to include. (Make sure you are not follow the forum you don't want to see.

How To Filter New Posts To Only Display Specific Section(s)

You can accomplish this by setting a custom default filter on the new posts page.

Step 1 Navigate to the specific forum you want to focus on and click "Follow Forum".

Step 2 From the navigation, near the upper right-hand corner, click on NEW.

This will open a new page of new posts for you. On the new page, click on filters.

Now you can adjust the filters to work for your personal preferences, such as the example above and save it as the default.

Make sure to click the "filter" button to save it, at the bottom.

- Cricket

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
THANK YOU! I've set this up and it already seems to be working as you indicated.
?

·
Registered
7,940 Posts
Now I'm for this feature! Hiding individual forums. I'm already tired of seeing the new forum at the very top. We get blasted with that from just about everywhere else, I come here to get away from it for a while. o_O

1 - 9 of 9 Posts