GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,565 Posts
OK just noticed this is in the new 2018 board. Maybe the tank neck is different and this is needed.
2018 fuel fill area is to small to set the cap sideways in the opening as can be done so easily on the 1832's. (unless you are somewhere that has the extra large 'fume catchers' around the nozzle.

·
Registered
360 Posts
If you notice at the end of the video, the tether is too long, and the cap rests on the seat. If the cap is going to touch the seat anyway, why not just set the cap on the seat to begin with? Been there, done that. So far, I’ve been too lazy to shorten the tether, so it’s still waiting in the tool box.

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
If you notice at the end of the video, the tether is too long, and the cap rests on the seat. If the cap is going to touch the seat anyway, why not just set the cap on the seat to begin with? Been there, done that. So far, I’ve been too lazy to shorten the tether, so it’s still waiting in the tool box.
I noticed the tether too short.... the cap was being supported by the cable resting on the painted edge of the door. The paint will get scratched up there after a while.

Sorry..... my opinion is this device is a loser if I ever seen one.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
I made my own using steel braided fishing leader.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts