GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
For anyone questioning the space between the plate and engine, here is a still from the video Max posted......
Looks like a high quality product that should provide a lot of protection.

Automotive tire Automotive exterior Gas Bumper Composite material

·
Registered
982 Posts
Max would it be acceptable to jack the bike up with the engine guard on?
I wouldn't! Stick with a jack and adapter that was designed for that purpose. I can see stress being put on the plate and mounting points creating potential problems. Of course Max would know more about this than I. I Gotta get on the list for the plate!!!

·
Registered
982 Posts
It fits very tightly to the engine so it will be fine.
Nice! That is great news as I have the rubber padding between the jack and the motor. Looks like I won't have to worry about that now. Also, let us know when you start shipping as I want to make sure I get on the first run list. Thanks!!

·
Registered
2,862 Posts
It fits very tightly to the engine so it will be fine.
Just what I wanted to hear. It looks like (but I did not want to assume) that the two mounting brackets rest against the case all along the top so the weight of the bike is transferred to the case cover as a whole and not just the 2 each bolts.

·
Vendor
2,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Just what I wanted to hear. It looks like (but I did not want to assume) that the two mounting brackets rest against the case all along the top so the weight of the bike is transferred to the case cover as a whole and not just the 2 each bolts.
The plate itself fits right at the engine, if you lift it, it will be supported by the engine, not the hardware.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts