GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My brother bought a new v3 bikemp3 and he gave me his old v2. I have no instructions and he can't remember how to load the music on the SD card. He said it has to be formatted to Fat 32 and I have no clue what he is talking about. I did transfer music from my I-tunes playlist to the card but they show as MPEG 4 instead of mp3. If anybody understands my problem, I would be very greatful for some advice:shrug:

·
Registered
7,872 Posts

·
Registered
679 Posts
My brother bought a new v3 bikemp3 and he gave me his old v2. I have no instructions and he can't remember how to load the music on the SD card. He said it has to be formatted to Fat 32 and I have no clue what he is talking about. I did transfer music from my I-tunes playlist to the card but they show as MPEG 4 instead of mp3. If anybody understands my problem, I would be very greatful for some advice:shrug:
Go back to Itunes and set up a separate library for what you want on the SD card, then copy over those songs. Then, convert the songs in your new library to MP3 format using Itunes menu. Once this is done, you can transfer the songs to your SD card. There are probably easier ways to get there from here, but this works.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Do a search for a free mpeg4 to mp3 converter program

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
What I did with my bikempe v3 was format the card, then I made 8 folders cd1.cd2....cd8 then put 189 mp3's in each folder around 1500+songs total 7 gigish. Then just stick it in sd slot and you should be all set. Mine works great.:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts