GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
8,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a dilemma, I took my bike to MAXIM Honda in Allen, TX before I left town last week. On our trip, I broke 2 ribs and now cannot ride the bike back to my home in Carrollton (about 30 minutes) from the dealer. Should I have someone at the dealer deliver the bike? Has anyone else ever had to deal with something like this?

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
I had the dealer deliver my new 84 GL because we had an early snow that year. Most dealers are equipt to do that. If you know someone you trust to drive it and you can drive a car that would work too. Hope you heal quick.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Recently (after my accident), I contracted with a local guy that specializes in hauling bikes and that provides that service for my local Honda dealer. He picked mine up on the other side of town and carried it over to my Honda shop for repair. I got his contact info from the dealer.

·
Registered
512 Posts
cruiseman,

it's only 30 miles. i am sure the dealer has a couple young guys ,one that will ride the bike,,one as a chaser in the dealer runner van to bring the rider back to the dealership. i am sure they are insured for doing this very thing.
they aren't piloting a citation so i am guessing there will be no drama.
do a phone call to them and ask. may charge you an hour shop labor,,which would be more than fare to tie up two workers for an hour trip,, turnaround.

most of our local car dealers have runner vans ,,a few as a matter of fact ,,that take people to their workplace after they drop their car off at the dealership free of charge. they do this all day/night long,,,,and,,,this is podunk,,,:)
the days of dealers loaning a car for a day or two are just about gone,,at least in this neck of the woods...

bc

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
You have insurance??

Rental of a GoldWing is not cheap. Just put a add in some paper and say free use of Wing for a weekend, or a couple days. With the condition they drop it off at your house.

That would be one way.

Another would be to have someone at the dealership bring it to you, pay them , buy the gas, one of them would have time to make a hundred bucks.

Or have a local haul company transport it to you, call a couple local haul operators and if not in a hurry, maybe one of them is making a haul that way and could bring it back .

Just a few ideas.

·
Banned
3,074 Posts
Surely there are close to 100 Goldwing riders in the DFW area and some of them must be participants in this forum. Someone will see your post and offer to ride it home for you.

If not, dealers have shop pickups and ramp trailers for exactly that purpose. If you're a good customer they might do it for nothing. Worst case a small fee.

·
Registered
559 Posts
If you don't want anyone riding it, I'm sure there are several forum members close enough by that have trailers that would trailer the bike (they may have to wear a bag over their heads while driving) to your home for you.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I am in The Colony, use Maxim as my only dealer, have an 07 wing. I am willing to ride your scoot home for you if you don't mind someone else riding it.
Ask Bob, Nathan, or Matt and I am sure they will vouch for me.
Send me a pm if you want my help.
Russ

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Uhaul Motorcycle trailer is $18.00/day if you or a friend have the vehicle to pull it with. I'm sure Maxim will load it for you, could you get someone to help unload at your house?

·
Registered
3,603 Posts
I never said I did not like the Wing. I just think Honda missed the boat on the 2012.
Sorry - I have not had my morning coffee... I briefly got you confused with Coastie. LOL. My apologies!

·
Registered
181 Posts
For what it's worth. I live and work in Allen. Be happy to help out any way I can. Most of the guys at Maxim know me if you want references.

Call Bob and ask about "The Other" Roy... :lol: Not the one that works there. He'll know who you're talking about.

Good luck whichever way you choose.

Roy

Edit: And I don't just mean riding it home to you. Be glad to tow it with my truck if a trailer can be found.

·
Registered
583 Posts
I'll ride it home for you Chris.

GM

·
Registered
907 Posts
I live in Carrollton, PM if you need someone to bring her home for you.

Mike

PS, I've got an Orange 07 too..

·
Banned
8,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Aquafire was kind enough to meet me at Maxim and ride the bike home for me. Thanks again Russ. Big "O" is home!

·
Registered
250 Posts
You could have signed up for AAA if you don't already have it. $85 a year and 100 mile tow range. I think you get a couple tows a year for that.

·
Registered
19,068 Posts
Lots of good people here :thumbup:

·
Registered
391 Posts
It's only 30 miles... double up on the pain pills,
and hop on!! :lol:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts