GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are going to Cats-Cade this year, and on the website they had some routes you can download into your GPS, which are in the USR format.
I downloaded the files to my computer and I'm not sure how to get them to work on the I-way.
Someone said to put them in the root file of the I-Way, but not sure how to get to the root file.
Anyhelp would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Fred

·
Registered
6,891 Posts
Plug the USB cable into the iWay and your PC. After a few seconds, the iWay should be recognized as a new hard drive. Open 'My Computer' and double-click the iWay drive (E:, F:, etc.) to open the drive. The window will be open to the 'root directory' - you'll probably see folders for the Skins & Music. This is where you'll copy the USR file to.

Locate your USR file copy it and then paste it into the iWay drive. You should now see the USR file as well as the 'Skins' and 'Sample Music' folders.

Disconnect the iWay from the PC and cycle the power to the GPS. When it's re-booted, you can access the 'Transfer Data' function and choose 'Load' from the prompt. Select your USR data file from the list and click 'Load Data'. It should take about one second to load.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I asked a question like this back on Mar 14, 2006. I never got an answer from anyone. :cry:

Now ten months later I finally got the answer to my question. Simply amazing! :D

·
Registered
6,891 Posts
I don't know how that was missed - I've answered that same question probably a dozen times on this board alone...

·
Registered
596 Posts
I hope you are not going to drink that case of beer while you are working on my iway :lol:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts