GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I record five-hours of XM programming at home every night on my XM MyFi radio so I can listen to it at work the next day. I am not able to get an XM signal since I'm not near a window. I listen on headphones connected to the MyFi 1/8" stereo headphone jack.

There must be a way to record the sound via that jack onto my computer hard drive. Does anyone know how to do that? I'd rather not connect an audio cable to a tape recorder.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
I have hours and hours of XM on my sytem at home and my Ipod. I record right off the XM at the house with the roady. It is hooked into my computor. I pick the station and then use Creative media source which is a program on my sytem and available. There is also another called "shoutcast". It has a player/recorder. You have to look at the recording functions and look for a recording source called " What You Hear". Select that as the recording source and then save it where you want it on your harddrive. Then dump it to the MyFi. Not sure if this info that helps you. Shoutcast also has a large selection of FM music from all over the world. I also record off of that. Very good quality....

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
I really like a program called total recorder, works excellent for Me

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Blinkin, this is how I do it.

http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/radioshark/

you can find these in local computer stores, usually in the Mac area. But they work on PC's too

I have the myfi too. This thing makes it easy as hell and no connections needed. Plus the Radio shark is a neat device for other uses to.

Just install the radio shark on your computer. It picks up local stations just like a radio and records them straight to the computer. Tune it to match the frequency on your myfi and let it record. Easy as that. I burn it to disk sometimes etc.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Here is a free recorder called Hi-Q. I use this all the time

Here is the hyperlink http://www.roemersoftware.com/index.html

When you get there download the free recorder

After you get it installed click on the option button set it at mp3 at 96db

Take a look at the bottom left and set where you want the file recorded too.

After you end it you will find the file with a funny name rename it what everv you want just make sure it had a .mp3 at the end

I use this a lot when I have a file that is protected and won't allow me to convert it to a wma or a mp3. I just play the file on a player and start the Hi-Q recorder before I hit the play button. Then I have a copy in mp3 and then I edit it from there.

I have an icon on my desktop for this little utility. What it basically does is record the sound going thru your system, not to complicated.

Play with it a little bit. What I did was played music file on my PC then fooled with the settings until I got it set the way I wanted.

Works great, the best part it's free

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
If you are an XM subsciber you can listen to the XM via the internet

1 - 6 of 6 Posts