GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone tell me how to reduce the pixel count so that a pic will upload for a post on this site? I thought I read that there was a utility on the upload page that enabled you to do this, but I can't find it. Every pic that I take has way too big a pixel count to upload; if someone can help me with this I would really appreciate it.

Doug

·
Registered
441 Posts
Most photo editing apps have a resize tool to make the image more web friendly

·
Registered
9,182 Posts
If you use Microsoft products, there is a free utility that resizes images.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
For Windows, check out the free Irfanview program. Amongst other things it does a very good job of resizing, converting and cropping. It is usually about the 3rd or 4th program I install on a new Windows machine.

If you're using a Mac, the provided "Preview" program does just fine. No additional programs needed.

·
UBposting IBchatting
1,018 Posts
For Windows, check out the free Irfanview program. Amongst other things it does a very good job of resizing, converting and cropping. It is usually about the 3rd or 4th program I install on a new Windows machine.

If you're using a Mac, the provided "Preview" program does just fine. No additional programs needed.
Ditto on Irfanview. I use mine all the time. On the Menu bar, click "Image" and then "Resize/Resample". I usually resize so that the biggest number is no more than 800 pixels. You can do lots of cool stuff with this program.

B

·
Banned
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the good responses. I have been using Windows Photo Gallery and it is slow and cumbersome. I will experiment with the others and see which one I like the best. I actually had thought there was a way to downsize the picture at the same time you uploaded it on this site, but I guess not.

Regards
Doug

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
If you are using a website like Photobucket to host the pictures you want to upload here, they most likely have a resizing tool built in the allow optimizing for web with just one or two clicks. I know Photobucket.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts