GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've ordered my Manuel and I hope that it gets here soon, but in the mean time......I'm installing my Kriss Brake and trunk flasher and it looks like I need to remove the plastic cover that is underneath the trunk where you hang you helmet to get to the wires. Where can I find the fasteners to remove this piece?
Thanks

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
There are about 75 screws (OK, maybe 10 or so) in the lid of the trunk. Remove them and you will see what you need. When I installed mine, removing and replacing the trunk liner took longer than the install.

Good luck!

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1Percent said:
There are about 75 screws (OK, maybe 10 or so) in the lid of the trunk. Remove them and you will see what you need. When I installed mine, removing and replacing the trunk liner took longer than the install.

Good luck!

Sorry ....Let me better explain....I'm looking to remove the piece underneath where you hang you helmet.....
thanks

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Ohhh... Sorry about that.

·
Registered
7,039 Posts
Now! That's Funny, I Don't Care who You Are!

·
Chard Member
13,075 Posts
MG_Wings said:
Sorry ....Let me better explain....I'm looking to remove the piece underneath where you hang you helmet.....
thanks
Remove the trim pieces from the side of the trunk. The screws for those are inside the trunk. Two screws for each piece of trim. Remove the rear piece of trim, the 2 screws are exposed when you remove the side pieces.

After the trim pieces are removed you will have access to the screws for the lower trunk cover. Some are inside the trunk sides and I think a couple are out. Pull the cover down and out.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Jchefboyardee said:
Now! That's Funny, I Don't Care who You Are!
Well, it's nice that you have a good sense of humor...
But why don't you care who we are? :cry: :cry:
Have you ever used the name Spaghetti-o's?
Never mind. Red just posted the good info.
Hey MG_,
Watch getting those ends of that lower cover back in place
where they tuck in at the front. it can pop right in some times
and it can make you work at it sometimes.
DC

·
Registered
250 Posts
MG_Wings said:
I've ordered my Manuel and I hope that it gets here soon, but in the mean time......I'm installing my Kriss Brake and trunk flasher and it looks like I need to remove the plastic cover that is underneath the trunk where you hang you helmet to get to the wires. Where can I find the fasteners to remove this piece?
Thanks
I am not sure if I understand you or not but the lower trunk cover is not where the wires are if my memory serves. The connectors for the rear lights are behind the panel between the saddlebags.

Good Luck,

Q

1 - 9 of 9 Posts