GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just posted this info on another thread but didnt want it to get buried. This should help those that have switched to making their own custom maps to again use POI's. As many know, once you load up a custom map, the choice to search POI's is blacked out so you can no longer perform this function. I know this is a limitation on the 06-08 and I'm not sure if other year Navis are affected. However as long as you still have an OEM card, you can again use the POI choice. Here's how:

I just figured out an easy solution as long as you still have an OEM card and the newer the better. Put the old card into your Navi, turn the bike to on or acc, and then you will be able to search POI's. My card is labeled 2013 and IIRC, the maps and data are from 2011 or so. Once you have found the POI you are searching for, save it as a favorite. I just did this and searched for Walt Disney World. Once it is saved as a favorite, tun bike off, then put in your custom card and turn bike back on or to acc. Get into find favorites. Under favorites, either search by name or use closest and just scroll through. When I did it, there was Walt Disney World under favorites. All I had to do then is route to it. It was way too easy and dont know why I didnt think about it before...

1 - 1 of 1 Posts