GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Chard Member
13,075 Posts
Original warranty, no. Ext warranty, yes. A dealer will take care of the ext warranty papperwork for the new owner. Seller doesn't do anything.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
I would suggest obtaining the printed warranty for both factory and extended warranties, then reading the fine print carefully. I remember something about a transfer fee and time frame that must be met for the warranties to be transfered to the new owner.

·
Chard Member
13,075 Posts
wingman57 said:
I believe seeing a $25 transfer fee.
Not unless that just started. No fees involved to transfer the ext warranty. I think Honda wants it done within 30 days, but how would they know when the bike was resold!

The original warranty automatically goes with the bike...

·
Registered
4,246 Posts
Red said:
wingman57 said:
...The original warranty automatically goes with the bike...
Why wouldn't the (Honda) extended warranty also automatically go with the bike? All a dealer would need is proof of ownership from the new owner to update the computer records for that bike.

However, if the extended warranty is not from Honda, then that's another can of worms. :wink:

·
Chard Member
13,075 Posts
All Boots No Saddle said:
Red said:
wingman57 said:
...The original warranty automatically goes with the bike...
Why wouldn't the (Honda) extended warranty also automatically go with the bike? All a dealer would need is proof of ownership from the new owner to update the computer records for that bike.

However, if the extended warranty is not from Honda, then that's another can of worms. :wink:
I haven't had a Honda ext warranty in about 5 years. I got one with my first used '01 in early '01. It had a statement in the contract about the time period the new owner had to tranfer the ext warranty. Any dealer can submit the paperwork to Honda. There was no charge for it.

The '06 I bought the other day has the ext warranty until 2013. ROFL.... Heck, I'll be 62 then and ready for social security (if it's not a form of welfare by then). I'll have to get it tranferred when I get the title from his finance company. I'll see if the procedure has changed.

·
Registered
7,039 Posts
On my purchase of a 04 wing in Feb, there were no fees and ta local dealer handled it!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts