GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9,112 Posts
This time of year, going to MI and hauling it back is really out of the question. I would have it shipped via one of the commercial freight lines.

Old Dominion, ABF, JB Hunt immediately come to mind. I'm sure other members might have a suggestion.

·
Registered
3,875 Posts
If you get it to Memphis, I may can get it to you---depends WHEN you can get it to Memphis. In about 4 weeks I will be going to Dallas/ft worth area and can detour thru Marshall. PM me if I can help.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Uship.com is pretty good. I've used them in the past to haul my trailer from Ky to Fl.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Wait 'till "Rail" shows up........he oughta' be stoppin' ' in any minute now !! ;)

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Wait 'till "Rail" shows up........he oughta' be stoppin' ' in any minute now !! ;)
seriously though....Rail loves an excuse to ride the bike and depending on how soon you need it, he will ride in weather others wont. pm him (rail32) and ask...

·
lightley seasoned member
3,082 Posts
How soon do you need it ?

·
Registered
236 Posts
Get trailer home

If you're in a car just throw on a u-haul temp hitch and light adapter and tow it home! My '90 Kompact Kamp has miles behind 3 Wings and 3 cars.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
mini mate - home in Texas!

Thanks for all the replies. The weather was too bad for anyone to tow it to Texas as part of a relay. A USHIP shipper offered to ship it as part of a load headed south for less than the cost of fuel one way. Done deal! I am a happy camper. :)

·
Registered
4,282 Posts
UShip

Thanks for all the replies. The weather was too bad for anyone to tow it to Texas as part of a relay. A USHIP shipper offered to ship it as part of a load headed south for less than the cost of fuel one way. Done deal! I am a happy camper. :)
Let us know how it goes. There have been lots of different experiences with UShip contractors.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Let us know how it goes. There have been lots of different experiences with UShip contractors.
Heck we might even get to see your Kamp on tv, Shipping Wars.. :thumbup:
I think he's already got it home!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts