GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Somehow I unintentionally turn the lady's voice on the navigation system on.
You know, the voice you hear after entering a new route or destination.
How do you turn it off? :? Thanks.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Num8ber2003 said:
Somehow I unintentionally turn the lady's voice on the navigation system on.
You know, the voice you hear after entering a new route or destination.
How do you turn it off? :? Thanks.

On page 2 (Getting Started) of the Navigation system manual....

Left Handlebar Controls (operable while riding)
Zoom Toggle -
Voice/Guide
Button (1)
• Toggle to the left (zoom in) or right (zoom out) to change the map scale.
Push and release to activate the voice guidance feature.
• Push and hold for two beeps to bring up a scrollable list of every maneuver for
the entire route.

:D

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Baron
That is apparently how I mistakenly turned the voice commands on.
I don't usually use the toggle button the the left handlebar to zoom in and out but normally use the control on the right side fairing panel.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Navigation Voice

The language in the manual is misleading. Hitting the zoom buttom on the left will prompt the voice to give you the next routing instruction. Look at page 28 of the Navi manual. "Press and hold (the Navi button on the audio console) to shut off the Navi voice guidance."

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Navigation Voice

Mike Simonetti said:
The language in the manual is misleading. Hitting the zoom buttom on the left will prompt the voice to give you the next routing instruction. Look at page 28 of the Navi manual. "Press and hold (the Navi button on the audio console) to shut off the Navi voice guidance."
Will do, Mike.....thanks

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
One of these days I'm going to open my manual and read it. I'm one of those who only looks at the instructions when there is nothing left to try.

Andy

·
Registered
6 Posts
On page 2 (Getting Started) of the Navigation system manual....

Left Handlebar Controls (operable while riding)
Zoom Toggle -
Voice/Guide
Button (1)
• Toggle to the left (zoom in) or right (zoom out) to change the map scale.
Push and release to activate the voice guidance feature.
• Push and hold for two beeps to bring up a scrollable list of every maneuver for
the entire route.

:D
I tried that during driving, and it did not work, will check to deactivate it while bike is in the garage

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
:agree:
It's just like turning on or off the radio and intercom. Press and hold the "Navi" button to toggle the voice on and off.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Yes like the previous post said, like a computer. Press the nav button on the left knee audio to turn on. Then press and hold to turn off (watch the Icon). Just like powering down a laptop.

·
Registered
6 Posts
it will just switch voice guidance between speakers and headset, will cut out the speakers music every single time the navigation will have something to announce , it's very annoying, I need some solution do disable it when I don't need it anymore.

·
Registered
5,789 Posts
I just make her get off the bike!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
while I'm driving pushing and holding just run traffic alert, so I assume I have to stop the bike completely to do so ?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts