GL1800Riders Forums banner

How to use this board- Please read

26K views 20 replies 21 participants last post by  bobpatsy 
#1 ·
I got to thinking the other day that I would like to be able to look up "online" when I changed a tire or did some other type of maintenance on my bike. I have been through a few front tires on my Boss Hoss and I couldn't remember the tire I had before this last one or what kind of mileage I got out of it. :roll: That's when I decided that it might be a good idea to create a board where I could search this board for my maintenance records that might help me look up when I did something to my bike.

The other cool thing about this is you will be able to see what others are doing as far as oil changes, life of a certain brand of tire or anything related to service on your bike.

It's up to you as to how much information you want to place here but I would put the Make, Model and Year of your bike and Mileage to start with, and a easy title to your message so you can find it later, something like LaMosters 99 Boss Hoss is what would work for me.

You can use this board to know just when you added an accessory to help keep track how well it is holding up. Remember you can go back in and edit any of your post at any time.

Hope you like the idea, I know I do. Have fun. :D

See less See more
#4 ·
Way to go Monster. Now if you could just get my Avitar off the FTE board and transfer it over here............

Roland aka "Commo"

#5 ·
Always One

There is always one, so I will be it for this new board. I don't like it. When I come to the board I click View Posts Since Last Visit and do a quick scan through all of the post subjects since I was last here. If folks post a lot of info on their accessories, maintenance, etc, those will come up every time someone posts something new. If not too many, it won't be a problem. But candidly, I could give a hoot about seeing when some else changer their oil or installed extras on their bike. It might be nice for them to keep track, but gees, how hard is it to keep a listing on your computer (too much time for me), shop manual (I jot it down there), or somewhere else.

LaMont, thanks for trying, but I'd just as soon it was not a part of the forum index.

#7 ·
This is a great idea

After reading the info in your post, I went to my bike and took the note that I had put in the left front pocket. That note had the info for things I wanted to remember about when my last oil change and tires were replaced and brake pads etc. If I lose that slip of paper, I now have those remarks on the computer. Really neat!!!!
Bill Parker aka Quick silver #129

#8 ·
I think this is a great idea. I don't think all have caught on yet! :lol: I am currently in Iraq until tomorrow prayerfully. :shock: But as soon as I get back I am going to add my log to this page as well. Excellent idea for sure. :wink: Thanks.

#9 ·
I kind of agree with wingnutzz as i keep info jotted down to go back and look at, but i think what would be really cool is to have a chapter list by state or post listings by state as is on the VTX section on this site. Nice to know who might be close or local stuff going on.

#13 ·
I tried a separate post on this, no response, so I thought I would try my question here.

I went to edit my maintenance log (Will's 2002 GL1800 Maintenance Log ) and with the new board was unable to. A warning appeared telling me the post I wanted to edit was too long, to reduce the size. Also another box appeared asking the reason for the edit. What I have been doing is keeping the actual maintenance log in the first post, rather than having a separate post for each addition to the log. This particular edit was to reduce the size of two of the photos in the log, but I was not able to perform this change.
Will we be able to edit our post, and is there a limit to how many words or characters in a post.

#17 ·
Not being the cleverest computer user, I tried to post there and got an error message. So, I just made up my own with Microsoft Word.

Its available with one or two clicks and editing it is a cinch.

#18 ·
Hobbits 08

Well, I kinda like the idea so let's give it a whirl...
bought new 09/20/08 000.2 miles,(wheeled around shop,no fluids in it yet.
one week after purchase,picked up,fully serviced,INCLUDING-full tank of fuel!!
came with full cover,fog lights,(not installed), new helmets, and J&M comm. for both.
I installed foglights at 500 mi.
4000 mi. service done at dealer
8000 mi. service done by me
new tires, E3's at 12000 mi.,and service done by me
centramatics at 12000 mi. also
warm&safe built in controller at 16000 mi. service
17600 mi. full racetech front and rear,all balls,bushings and seals,traxxion fork brace,mbl bar risers,msr fork boots,and electrical connections yellow fog light covers, and grip puppies, all done by me.
I think that covers it for now, except pics, that follow

#19 ·
missing nut

Hi everyone i am not sure if i am posting this question in the right fofum but here it goes. I have a hoda line windshild wjnd deflector . I lost one of the chrome nuts that joinst the delecter to ghe bike. Icall the dealers in my area and i also called and they tell thst i have to buy a ckmplete ddflector in order to get the nut. I am sure that it ca be gooten with out buying a new deflecter. If any one has a suggestion besides the hardware store please let me know or if some one has the nut that i am looking .thank you
I

#20 ·
I got to thinking the other day that I would like to be able to look up "online" when I changed a tire or did some other type of maintenance on my bike. I have been through a few front tires on my Boss Hoss and I couldn't remember the tire I had before this last one or what kind of mileage I got out of it. :roll: That's when I decided that it might be a good idea to create a board where I could search this board for my maintenance records that might help me look up when I did something to my bike.

The other cool thing about this is you will be able to see what others are doing as far as oil changes, life of a certain brand of tire or anything related to service on your bike.

It's up to you as to how much information you want to place here but I would put the Make, Model and Year of your bike and Mileage to start with, and a easy title to your message so you can find it later, something like LaMosters 99 Boss Hoss is what would work for me.

You can use this board to know just when you added an accessory to help keep track how well it is holding up. Remember you can go back in and edit any of your post at any time.

Hope you like the idea, I know I do. Have fun. :D
received by private email from rocky. Rocky
Seasoned Member

Post Thanks / Like
Re: What is the matter??
Originally Posted by batess6
Originally Posted by Rocky

I am ready to toe to toe with you. You will be surprised how it turns out.

You're a DRUNK and a COWARD.
My Super Suspension=Rocky Tree/Progressive Mono Tubes/2012 shock-Progressive spring.
Modified Shifter kit.
2004 GL1800A
1986 GL1200 SEI
1981 CB900C Restored.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.