GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the 23rd day of September at 5:00am Fall starts. That does not mean riding is over, but for us northern guys it soon will be. I do ride all year if no snow, but not the same as summer.
That being said, WOW what a summer I had. It started with a trip to LBL. That was when it was flooding every where, and the rain followed me across Ky, and Tenn. Then a trip to Blue Ridge Parkway, for three days camping, and riding.That was in early June. Then Hunt's 2nd chillout June17 -19,from there I went to Ga, Alabama, and Fl it was 105* on the bike. Then home.I made many camp trips close to home. Then Michigan at Cycle more campground. I really had a good time there. With all the rides, and meeting everyone. When I left there I went through the tunnel of trees to the UP of Michigan. So locks to Canada around lake Huron.Then back to home through Niagara Falls. Then Clear creek state park Tionesta Corp of Army Eng. Then Babcock state park , and Blackwater falls. Then Cass RR. I just got home from another trip to Hunt's for a week of great riding with Steveonawing.
I did go to New Orleans But in a car. Not the same as on the bike.
God has truly blessed me with good health and safety this summer. How about you? I know I forgot a few trips, but this made me remember the fun I had.

·
Registered
631 Posts
except for riding through Colorado and New Mexico in early June where it was fantastic. Its was one hot summer! glad its over!

·
Registered
279 Posts
I had a great Summer.2 of us each on our own wing did a 3 week trip which took inTX,NM,AZ,NVand UT.Ended up in Beckenridge CO where I had stored my motorhome for thr Winter.My wife flew in stayed 6 weeks in Colorado,bought an enclosed motorcycle trailer.At the end of June we headed for Oregon,Idaho,Washington and Montana trailing the Wing behind the motorhome.From there through South Dakota back to Florida.Got home last week.
Rode the bike 12000 miles and drove the motorhome 5500 miles.
Among the most memorable rides during the entire trip were 3 sisters and the river road in Texas.The circle of enchantment and rt 12 in NM.Coronado Trail and 89 Sedona in AZ.Winning a Texas Holdem Tournment in Vegas and riding out $500 richer.The Pacific Coast Hwy,Hells Canyon, Crater Lake and a host of other roads in Oregon.The Lolo Pass Rt 12 rode both ways,Going to The Sun Road,Beartooth Pass and another dozen gorgeous roads,Many CO mountain passes to numerous,
National Parks visited Big Bend,Zion,bryce Canyon,Capital Reef,Rocky Mountain ,Crater Lake,Glacier NP and Yellowstone.
All in all one helluva Summer.

·
Registered
631 Posts
I had a great Summer.2 of us each on our own wing did a 3 week trip which took inTX,NM,AZ,NVand UT.Ended up in Beckenridge CO where I had stored my motorhome for thr Winter.My wife flew in stayed 6 weeks in Colorado,bought an enclosed motorcycle trailer.At the end of June we headed for Oregon,Idaho,Washington and Montana trailing the Wing behind the motorhome.From there through South Dakota back to Florida.Got home last week.
Among the most memorable rides during the entire trip were 3 sisters and the river road in Texas.The circle of enchantment and rt 12 in NM.Coronado Trail and 89 Sedona in AZ.Winning a Texas Holdem Tournment in Vegas and riding out $500 richer.The Pacific Coast Hwy,Hells Canyon, Crater Lake and a host of other roads in Oregon.The Lolo Pass Rt 12 rode both ways,Going to The Sun Road,Beartooth Pass and another dozen gorgeous roads,Many CO mountain passes to numerous,
National Parks visited Big Bend,Zion,bryce Canyon,Capital Reef,Rocky Mountain ,Crater Lake,Glacier NP and Yellowstone.

I hate you!!!!! :joke:

·
Registered
366 Posts
WOW....Yr the man!!! Sounds like you had a great trip

·
Registered
757 Posts
It was GREAT with a group of stand up riding folks that allowed me and the SO to ride with them!!!!

·
Registered
168 Posts
How was your summer?:lol: :lol::lol:

Should have read: How was your (Texas boys excluded) summer?

Just joking. Happy for you!!

Texas boys, this trial will end . . . err . . . won't it?

·
Registered
631 Posts
How was your summer?:lol: :lol::lol:

Should have read: How was your (Texas boys excluded) summer?

Just joking. Happy for you!!

Texas boys, this trial will end . . . err . . . won't it?
It is getting better. We only hit 93* yesterday Wooo Hooooo!

·
Registered
608 Posts
All two weeks with out Rain was great. :thumbup:

·
Registered
60 Posts
Had a great summer, got to take a trip with the wife to finally see what I talk about (Deals Gap) all the time. She had a good time. We still have plenty of ridding left. I never complain about the heat. I can remember coming home in July and the temp on the bike said 100. Im ok with that because I know that the days of 20's and crappy salt covered roads are just around the corner. The days of sitting here reading how much everyone wants to ride. Going in the garage and _____________________. You get the point.
Ride Free Ride Safe!!

·
Registered
304 Posts
...Its was one hot summer! glad its over!
Amen Brother! Finally got to ride Tennesee, North Carolina, and the Smokies. God has certainly given you people some great country to ride in! Now if you people would only learn how to BBQ! ;)

·
Immortal Member
3,084 Posts
This Summer has been extraordinary!!

But having to ride in Colorado just makes it that way!!

Had a few friends show up out here right after Labor day and we had an even better time then (if that's possible).

Now it's fall (for a couple of weeks) and the riding here just gets perfect.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Amen Brother! Finally got to ride Tennesee, North Carolina, and the Smokies. God has certainly given you people some great country to ride in! Now if you people would only learn how to BBQ! ;)
I hear ya! Was I ever surprised when I ordered the BBQ plate in NC. :shrug:

·
Registered
25 Posts
A great summer!

The only major ride was the 2011 Iron Butt Rally.

Left home in southeast Missouri on the evening of 6/13. Approx. 2,200 miles later, arrived in Seattle WA on the afternoon of 6/15.

Hung around Seattle for a few days and then departed on the rally the morning of 6/20. Over the next 10.5 days, hit all 48 contiguous states, Canada, and the farthest four corners of the continguous 48. Arrived in Ontario CA 11,591 miles later on evening of June 30.

Laid over until Saturday noon July 1 then took off on the 1,800 mile trip home arriving on Sunday evening.

Mike

·
Registered
494 Posts
great riding this season,kennyU

wa
mT (Montana)
id
or
ut
wy
co
nm ( 10 feet )
AR ( 10 feet )
tn
NC
sc
GR (geogia )
vg (virginia )
KennyU
SeattleWA

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
it sounds like a great summer.living in Fl you can keep it going. Stay safe my friend.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
wa
mT (Montana)
id
or
ut
wy
co
nm ( 10 feet )
AR ( 10 feet )
tn
NC
sc
GR (geogia )
vg (virginia )
KennyU
SeattleWA

Good list. Stay safe.

·
Registered
5,173 Posts
How was my summer? Hot. Really F____ing hot. Big time records fell in Houston. 45 days of 100 or more and we still had our signature humidity to go with it.

HOWEVER, I still rode 250-350 miles every Saturday but a couple and still loved riding all summer!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts