GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dealer scratched up my front wheel so I'm going to have it painted next tire change. Just wondering, what do you think of a red tour with semi-gloss charcoal wheels to match the cylinder head covers? Anybody proficient at editing a picture to show what it would like?

Marc

·
Love The DCT
12,021 Posts
Dealer scratched up my front wheel so I'm going to have it painted next tire change. Just wondering, what do you think of a red tour with semi-gloss charcoal wheels to match the cylinder head covers? Anybody proficient at editing a picture to show what it would like?

Marc
I’m thinking it would look really sharp. Hopefully you got an adjustment from the dealer for scratching up the wheel.

:doorag:

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’m thinking it would look really sharp. Hopefully you got an adjustment from the dealer for scratching up the wheel.

:doorag:
Yup, all taken care of. I'm thinking of a finish like the black plastic, more of a semi-gloss than flat. I think gloss would stand out too much, a bit gaudy. An understated charcoal might look nice. Maybe one of the guys can doctor up a photo. Here is a big one I found.

Marc

·
Registered
334 Posts
The bigger one didn't work. Says invalid attachment?

Marc
I had another post that I thought was a larger version of the image but when I viewed it, it was the same so I deleted it.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think it looks pretty good! Have to see if the powder coater has the right color.

Marc

·
Registered
980 Posts
It'll look great when it is clean. The problem is, black wheels get dirty really fast. Like a black car, the dust and dirt jut seems to gravitate to it.

I had the wheels on my GL1500 and GL1800 powder coated to what they call Class I. It is a silver/gray with a clear coat. They do not stay any cleaner than a black wheel, you just can't tell they are dirty from a distance.

·
Registered
132 Posts
My son-in-law here in Houston does powder coating. He can secure most custom colors, so I am sure whoever you choose can do the same . I believe the op was considering matte brown to match the engine. Which would look great and not be as susceptible to showing dirt as gloss black

·
Registered
19,256 Posts
With my 2010 Red Wing I did an even up swap with my factory wheels with someone who was about to chrome wheels from a FB6 that had factory flat black wheel. I thought it looked great

1 - 13 of 13 Posts