1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Someone posted that link some time ago, but I just sat there mesmerized all over again watching it. I thought L.A. traffic was bad before I saw that. lol. That's pretty incredible, isn't it? :shock:

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
SPF, are you intentionally trying to be offensive with your signature picture? I thought you might have a little more class than that, even if you're not a believer and are a democrat (who love higher taxes). To answer the question posed, it would be neither. The bible teaches 10 percent from everybody, rich or poor.

·
Registered
303 Posts
The traffic looks light, You should try riding around NYC and surrounding areas

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
I've seen it before, also, but still like to watch it. I think the reason that everything is running so smoothly, is that they are driving on the left side of the road (or is that right?). :lol:

·
Registered
128 Posts
Oh man!!!!!!!!

I might just have this licked! Just flew in from seeing my wife's family in Guadalajara Mexico, where the traffic is 20 times worse. Lets see...I saw four accidents (all died) 1 decap, and one guy got hit right in front of me on a motorcycle. Death rate is at least 41 a day there. So, do you wanna go? LOL!

Laws....aren't they good to have at times?

Niles in SoCal!

G

·
0 Posts
Duane in Bakersfield said:
SPF, are you intentionally trying to be offensive with your signature picture?
It's meant to be thought provoking for the religious conservatives that seeming has no issue with a wealthy-centric tax deferment.

I thought you might have a little more class than that
I didn't know that simply posing the question was such an issue.

if you're not a believer and are a democrat (who love higher taxes).
Someone has to pay off the debt-no free rides.

To answer the question posed, it would be neither. The bible teaches 10 percent from everybody, rich or poor.
But if Jesus were to cut taxes, which group would he do it on?

·
Registered
8,318 Posts
SPF 0 said:
But if Jesus were to cut taxes, which group would he do it on?
Most likely he'd cut taxes for everybody. He was never a person to confiscate from the rich to give to the poor. He gave us all free will to give on our own without being forced and without everybody knowing about it. Don't confuse Jesus with Robin Hood.

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
I go to India at least once a year and this must have been an off day, typically its much worse. I've seen people hanging out the windows of busses attempting to direct traffic away so their driver could get through the traffic circles. (I hate traffic circles, Brits idea of a joke I guess)

What a place, I.E. Busses do not have doors so it starts and stops while people are still boarding/exiting. When one of those motorized Rickshaws crashes you expect the headlines to read " RickShaw taxi over turns, 12 people injured"

Not my favorite place to visit.

·
Hungry Member
5,045 Posts
Spiffy can be a bit of an a-hole. His liberal point of view would not allow him to cast dispersions on Muslims (not PC) but he readily craps on Christians any chance he gets. His battle cry for tolerance is as transparent as his supposed desire to acquire a wing.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
I've done a little thinking about my earlier post. The bible teaches 10 percent, alright, but that is for the support of the church. The church in turn takes care of those in need, although the bible says in 2 Thessalonians 3:10 "Whoever does not work should not eat". That scripture was intended for Christians, however.

It's meant to be thought provoking for the religious conservatives that seeming (sic) has no issue with a wealthy-centric tax deferment.
Someone has to pay off the debt-no free rides.

I didn't know that simply posing the question was such an issue.
If the atheist liberals weren't so intent on the redistribution of wealth of those who will work, tax deferment wouldn't be an issue to begin with, and there wouldn't be any 'free rides' for anybody, including the welfare classes. The 'issue' is the intentional demeaning of another's faith. That's what I meant by you being classless.

Sorry, all, for the hijack. Back to your regularly scheduled program.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Who has the greater accident rate, India or US?

Paris and Taipei have traffic lights, but their traffic is identical to that India video. I could not survive driving/riding those streets daily. Boston is almost the same as the India traffic.

David M.

·
Registered
552 Posts
I thought you might have a little more class than that, even if you're not a believer and are a democrat (who love higher taxes).
A liberal with class?... :roll:

Now that's a good joke!

·
Registered
300 Posts
I spent 3 months in China found out they also drive on the sidewalks as well and then the bicycles are something else to

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Duane, not trying to steal this post (although that's already happened), but if you carefully go through the Torah (the Old Testament Law of Moses), you will find the rate is closer to 28%. As Israel was considered a theocracy back then, taxes were raised for both the support of the temple and the government at one time.

As far as "what would Jesus do?", I think if you also carefully look through the Gospels in the New Testament, you'll see that Jesus very carefully avoided confrontation with the government. His ire was mostly directed toward the hypocritical Pharisees whom he condemned as white-washed tombstones. He said to "Give to God what is God's, and give to Ceasar that which is Ceasar's." Later in the New Testament, Paul proclaimed that Christians were to obey their government - speaking of Rome with all its social and moral ills. The example of James and John who refused to stop testifying about the risen Christ is an exception that most Christians are well aware of. So, from a historical point-of-view, it would be difficult to determine just what Jesus would do about taxes - probably tell you to pay them.

However, if you want to see what a really great government is going to be like, just hang around until His return - then you'll find out how things should be run around here.

Mesquite Bob

·
Registered
8,318 Posts
MesquiteBob said:
However, if you want to see what a really great government is going to be like, just hang around until His return - then you'll find out how things should be run around here.

Mesquite Bob
:clap2:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts