GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have finally gotten a subscription to XM weather for my 2010 Wing with the nav option. I have two questions about how it works.

1. When I display a weather map the moment I put the bike in motion the display reverts back to the nav screen. Is this normal?
  2. Assuming that is normal operation is there any way to keep the weather map screen displayed all the time and have it auto update when new information is available?
Thanks for the input.

Bill

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
If you are talking about the forecasts or current weather I think it goes away but if you want to see the radar feed, wind, etc just push the zoom button in and hold it then when it comes up thumb thru the other screens with the zoom button either direction

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hummmm

On my 2010 when I have the weather map displayed and hit the zoom switch it zooms the map in or out just like it does on a nav screen.

Based on that I don't understand your answer.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Once in motion push and hold the zoom on your left bar and the map will come back. It seems like mine will stay sometimes until I change it and sometimes it will go back to nav after a few miles.

·
Registered
74 Posts
push the zoom button in and hold it then when it comes up thumb thru the other screens with the zoom button either direction

How are you accessing the other screens. Mine doesn't do this.

·
Registered
109 Posts
After you start moving just push the zoom button IN not left or right and hold it there until the screen changes. Once it's on the weather screen you can hold the zoom button to the left or right to switch to the next screen. If there is a national weather service warning on your Nav screen the action of holding in the zoom button will take you directly to the applicable warning screen.
An attribute to this is if you forget to activate the Nav Map before you start rolling you can still turn on your weather map and get a view, though not as detailed, of where you are on the map.

·
Registered
74 Posts
After you start moving just push the zoom button IN not left or right and hold it there until the screen changes. Once it's on the weather screen you can hold the zoom button to the left or right to switch to the next screen. If there is a national weather service warning on your Nav screen the action of holding in the zoom button will take you directly to the applicable warning screen.
An attribute to this is if you forget to activate the Nav Map before you start rolling you can still turn on your weather map and get a view, though not as detailed, of where you are on the map.
I understand what your saying Toecutter. I didnt know you had to hold the left or right buttons,

I just learned something new about the wing, Thanks.

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
What you are seeing is normal. When reviewing the weather from the menu option, the bike will store the past images in 5 minute increments. So after the bike has been on for a bit, if you review the weather map from the menu, you can see "motion" of the weather. This storage of past images only continues as long as the bike is on (Navi is powered). Once the bike is turned OFF, all past images are lost. So if you pull into a fuel station or off the road and want to see which way a storm is moving, either leave the bike running, or turn the ignition to ACC and then using the menu button on the right fairing panel, navigate to the weather. You'll be able to see how the weather is moving.

Once you begin moving, the display will revert back to the navi screen. But once you stop again, the animated weather screen will reappear. This can be useful if in local traffic. Everytime you come to a stop at a light, you can see how a nearby storm is moving/developing.

Once underway (or standing still) you can get a static display of weather conditions, road conditions, winds, NWS, and traffic (if available and subscribed) displays. As mentioned, you must press the Navi Zoom switch (on the left handle bar) straight in and hold for a few seconds. You'll see the display switch from Navi to weather.

Once in the weather map, you not that this display only shows static data. It shows the last weather image and doesn't show "motion". It will update however every 5 minutes or so.

To switch between weather modes, push the Navi zoom switch (left handle bar) to the left or right and hold it for a few seconds. This will allow you to move from "tab" to "tab" of the various weather info (road conditions, wind, etc).

All of this is explained in the Navi manual if you have access to it.

I have finally gotten a subscription to XM weather for my 2010 Wing with the nav option. I have two questions about how it works.

1. When I display a weather map the moment I put the bike in motion the display reverts back to the nav screen. Is this normal?
  2. Assuming that is normal operation is there any way to keep the weather map screen displayed all the time and have it auto update when new information is available?
Thanks for the input.

Bill

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
How are you accessing the other screens. Mine doesn't do this.
Push and hold the zoom button it will change screens. If you just push it once it will just change the scale of the current screen

1 - 10 of 10 Posts