GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Holly ass whippin batman....how about them GATORS !!!!!

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Looks like UNDEFEATED Boise State is national champions. Congrats Broncos! :wink:

Just kidding....Florida is awesome! Gators deserve to be #1!

·
Registered
168 Posts
GO GATORS!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Gators

Great game. Good on ya Florida. WAR EAGLE.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
The SEC again showing why it's the toughest conference in the country.

Way to go Gators!

Dep

·
Firm Member
3,159 Posts
As a Die Hard Buckeyes fan, I may have to ask Lamont to pull this off topic thread.
:wink:
Just Kidding

·
Registered
525 Posts
I was just reading the local sports page before I took my Goldwing into the dealer to check the proportioning valve recall (thus making this thread motorcycle related :lol: ) and reading how surprised some of these rustbelt sportswriters seem to be every time a Big Ten team gets thrashed by a team that knows what a pass offense and defense is. How many times did we see a touted team like Ohio State or Michigan come to the Rose Bowl only to receive a thrashing by a Pac 10 team that could pass or run more than 3 yards at a time?

I graduated from Florida in 1970; was there when Spurrier won the Heisman. A good season was being invited to a bowl. National championships? Heck, with Florida State and Miami the state championship was tough enough.

The South had many good teams, some great teams, like Alabama, but in the last 15 years Florida and the entire SEC has kicked it up a knotch. A major knotch. On a given day, LSU, Auburn, Tennessee, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia and now South Carolina under Spurrier can beat anybody. Oh, and did I miss Alabama, who just hired Nick Saban for $4 million dollars a year to bring them back to Bear Bryant era prominence. Talk about pressure from the alumni. Every one of these schools have expectations of national championships and SEC championships at a minimum.

When you are an SEC member you cannot play a soft schedule, even if you scheduled walkovers for all of your non-conference games. To go undefeated in the SEC is an exceptional accomplishment. That's why it is such a shame that Auburn got passed over last year when they were 12-0. If there is ever going to be a true football national championship there has to be a playoff system where the players can settle it, rather than a bunch of nostalgic sportswriters.

Gators, you done good.

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
What's the Florida State Penn. graduation rate? :roll:

·
Registered
624 Posts
nedro said:
What's the Florida State Penn. graduation rate? :roll:
What the heck does education have to do with college athletics?

Athletics in general and football in specific has turned into a den of whores. It's not appropriate to give it any scholastic value. Just enjoy it for what it is...................or not. :D

H

·
0 Posts
Will the rest of the country show the Gators the same "Class" that they showed Miami in 1983 when Miami won the National Championship.

Miami had lost to Florida the first game of the season in 1983 and then won every other game to earn the National Championship. The "good sport" Gators made up bumper stickers that said:

Univ. of Florida 31
National CHampions 3

And those bumper stickers were everywhere.

So if you are an Auburn fan I encourage you to create the following bumper sticker:

Auburn 27
National Champions 17

·
Registered
9,391 Posts
Since this is a forum for opinions: Here's a quarter --

Sorry, just not into spectator sports

·
Registered
781 Posts
Congrats to those Gators!!! My Huskers used to do that to other teams too but not anymore, oh well. Hey, how many Husker players does it take to change a light bulb? None, they just all stand there looking at it and remembering how bright it used to be. Once again, Congrats to you Gators!!

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
I'd be willing to bet Auburn has those stickers being printed as we speak.

And I don't blame them.

And I'm a Gator fan..LOL.

Florida wasn't the first one to print that kind of sticker. It's been going around for years.

Dep

1 - 13 of 13 Posts