GL1800Riders Forums banner

121 - 140 of 162 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
People think I am a Star Wars fan, but really I got the nickname Yoda, 30 years ago from a co worker. Elaine was the receptionist who hailed from NJ. My last name is Yoder, but whenever she paged me on the intercom it came across clearly pronounced with her NJ accent...When I came here, there was already another Yoda, so I decided to recognize my barber.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Drnick was bestowed on me by a captain
In my firehouse, where I was always
Assigned to “fixing,creating,mending, or repairing “ everything and anything 😜

·
Registered
593 Posts
Ive got a white beard like Papa Smurf

·
Registered
220 Posts
I'm retired from the phone co. When I started ('58) we still had old open wire strung on cross arms on the poles with ten pins on them.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I noticed some interesting user names on the forum. I was wondering if there are any good stories as to how folks came up with them.
I use the name centerpunch because I was a competitive archer and a carpenter at the time I joined the forum.
Many years ago I used to fly using a hang glider. I and my posse would find the most extreme places to launch from and fly around. Among the many exciting areas flown were the canyons located in southern Utah and northern Arizona. I always wanted to launch from the north rim of the Grand Canyon and fly down river to a small camping site. When it came time to find a unique handle for my gmail account --- CanyonGlider was first on my list ;-)

·
Registered
756 Posts
I could have used a few different handles. Just couldn’t seem to make a decision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
I love motorcycles and my wife always rides with me hence the name “fun42”

·
Registered
685 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Some time ago, I knew a guy from Wisconsin who had a screen name of Norskaho. He said he was Norwegian and married to an Indian. So he was NorskAho. Well, I’m from Wisconsin and of Norwegian decent, so I borrowed part of his name, changed it up a bit, added where I live and I’m
TXNorsky.
Come to think of it, he rode a GoldWing too.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I have had the handle Dollartree for so many years now. I first used this for an E-mail address back in the late 80's or early 90's I cannot remember for sure. I used this well before I had ever heard of a "Dollartree" store. You see, I am a third generation logger. I say, contrary to popular belief, I do believe that money does grow on trees. (At least it has for many years for my family) Hence, Dollartree.

121 - 140 of 162 Posts