GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm recently new to this board. I found it by accident (looking for parts)and have been lurking for a few weeks. I've found the topics quite lively and interesting and some very informative. So I thought it time to jump in and become part of the insanity. I live in South East Texas along the coast and have ridden a Wing for the past eleven years. My first was a 1988 GL 1500 and now own an 02' 1800 Illustion Blue. I have done a number of trips that have taken me to 30 states and 2 Canadian provences which brings me to a question. I have noticed U.S. maps at the end of some posts that show the states you have been to. Where can I find these? Are they downloaded from somewhere because I cant seem to fined them. I'm realy enjoying the site and looking forward to more interesting discussions. Kudos to Hal for a great job.

Mike

·
Registered
809 Posts
Welcome! Someone will chime in here shortly about the colored states map.
Yes this site can really get hopping sometimes. Once you metal
thru
the BS you can find some really good info. Ride safe! In the Wacko area give me a shout. Also post on the Texas forum too and you'll probably find some more wingers close to ya!

·
Registered
759 Posts
Hey, you got some of my snow down there. You can keep it, I just got use to the cold weather. Welcome aboard.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Welcome!!!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the replies and warm welcome. I found the link and I'm trying to get my sig created.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Another Texas Welcome To You. :p

·
Registered
880 Posts
Welcome aboard this good ship!
You wouldn't be a Dillon by any chance would ya? My former Assistant went to Texas and have lost contact with him.
Would like to meet up with him on one of my trips south to recount the BS.

Always Free
Bobalou

·
Registered
49 Posts
Welcome from snowy Canada. Come on back and do the rest of the provinces(8 to go).

Jack

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Mike, from the frozen north east.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks again for the warm welcomes. Lots of Texans on this board.
Bobalou, sorry not a Dillon. Too bad you lost touch with you friend. I really love riding in your area and and further north( Hot Springs, Eureka Springs). It will have to warm up a bit before I venture there again.
jacmar, I don't even want to think about Canada right now. Seriously though I had a great time in Canada just couldn't get used to converting gallons to Liters....eh

Mike

1 - 20 of 24 Posts