GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen numbers on Hp on the 2018+ Goldwings and was wondering if anyone did separate numbers for Rain, Econ, Tour, and Sport Modes.
I'd like to see what each mode puts out and the differences between the different modes.

·
Registered
597 Posts
I wouldn't think Honda would change the horsepower but instead change how its put to the ground by changing the delivery of the power to the wheel.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Exactly, that is why I would like to see what the dyno numbers would read in each of the riding modes.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
That's an interesting question. I also think it would just be interesting information rather than being useful. "Modes" on modern vehicles use timing and fuel mapping to change engine response. Decreasing throttle response this way reduces both HP and Torque delivered to the rear wheel....the intent is to do it in a very controlled and predictable way. Even if dyno' test were done in each mode, it would still be measurements taken under full throttle acceleration which most accurately measures peak output on a curve. You could call/write to Honda and ask them for approximate decreases in throttle response and bhp in each of the riding modes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts