GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
number one complaint,,every year when i renew it takes three months to get a reply and this is after getting at least three warnings in the mail that i have been canceled,only once have i recieved the air gauge or tool giveaway after renewing,the hrca site does not have an e-mail department,,i wont shop at an online business that doesnt want to hear from me..i called twice about my membership and no human answered,i left two meessages to contact me about my so called club cancellation,,well i never got a call..i figured screw it then..they could care less..so let it expire and they can refund my check that they cashed 3 months earlier..it is not my responsibility to have to take so much time with a company only to be totally ignored..anyways..i finally recieved my letter thanking me for renewing !!!! geeeez..now im scared to death to get a flat tire or whatever,,will it take them 3 months to help me ?? am i wasting my money ??

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
Never used it mysel but have been present twice when their road side assistance was used. Very good service both times.

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
I've called HRCA twice with membership questions (getting my wife registered on her bike, and checked to see if I could pay three years at once) and immediately talked to a human both times. Had my wife's bike towed (flat tire) in the middle of Sacramento during rush hour, HRCA talked to the closest dealership and helped talked them into staying open after closing hours to get us back on the road.

You must be living under a bad sign, oldbiker.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Bought my bike in February, got a letter a couple of weeks later telling me to expect a membership package detailing all the HRCA benefits.

Called a couple of months later asking about where the package is.

Still waiting for the package today. :D

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hey lucky man,,you and i live under a bad sign then,,we need to move where dorian-blue lives..that would be in valley people town,,you know,where everything is perfect and his family and kids are perfect and the world has no negative...NOT..i would rather have my little problems then be a do gooder..eeeeew io wonder if they ever realize what a pain in the ass thet are,,i doubt it ..HRCA SUCKS !!!!

·
Registered
19,054 Posts
got it for a year- wipe your butt with it and save money

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
oldbiker39 said:
hey lucky man,,you and i live under a bad sign then,,we need to move where dorian-blue lives..that would be in valley people town,,you know,where everything is perfect and his family and kids are perfect and the world has no negative...NOT..i would rather have my little problems then be a do gooder..eeeeew io wonder if they ever realize what a pain in the ass thet are,,i doubt it ..HRCA SUCKS !!!!
Sounds like you took that kinda personal, old-timer. Sorry about that.

·
Registered
406 Posts
hrca sucks

I've belonged to them for 5 years..had a couple problems with renewals but for the cost...the roadside assistance program is great...have seen it in action several times and won't leave home without it even if I ride with a club....was able to get a reduced insurance quote due to already having roadside so ask your insurance agent next time you renew...you are probably paying for it twice.

·
Registered
20,948 Posts
they do seem to have a lot of renewal problems

and the website sucks too

i used the towing service 2 times in about 10 years of membership, once when the alternator on my 1800 had crapped out, and once with a wiring problem, HRCA sure was nice to have then

i have been present when another member had to have his wing towed in and the service was very good

i have also taken the experiences rider course twice and HRCA reimbursed the costs so overal i think membership is very worthwhile

·
Registered
826 Posts
I have it for the roadside assistance and nothing else. Added daughter as an associate over the phone. Spoke to a human on first try. I've never had to use it personally but been present when others have. Wasn't a problem for them. Also gotten all my freebies and mag. So what am I doing wrong??? :?:

·
Registered
399 Posts
Just listening to your attitude I could see why they might ignore you. :lol:

·
Registered
4,013 Posts
Just use AAA Plus and towing is good for up to 125 miles. That should cover you for any tow that you need. $106 per year, you get what you pay for.

JMHO

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
HRC reimburses $75 a year for my ERC. That in itself is worth more than the yearly!

Their road side assistance is hands down, superior to GWRRA.

It probably is imperfect, but of the few programs available, it is the best for "ME".

Old Biker, what "Free" gift are you missing? I probably have it here, new in the package. I would be glad to send you mine!

Bulldog

·
Registered
254 Posts
Had a flat while 3,500 miles from home... HRCA picked up the bike, had the tire fixed and ready to roll in 2 business days- all with me just sitting at my hotel not doing a thing other than making one phone call- never be without it again! But that's just me... good stuff in my mind!

·
Registered
57 Posts
I called HRCA 3 times with questions and got a very nice human being each time - I've been impressed. Renewal was a breeze. Having owned Kaws in the past I've belonged to their Good Times Owners Club and ROK (Riders of Kawasaki) and their clubs were/are a complete joke - many complaints from Kaw owners. Sorry, but I like HRCA.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
sorry for those having problems - I've had nothing but success as far as benefits & roadside assistance. I auto renew by having payment made to a credit card & I get 13 months for the price of 12. I got another free year when I bought my 1800.

perhaps if you replace the 'it sucks' with 'what do I do to fix it' you might get results.

·
Registered
16,858 Posts
Hy membership fee is substantially less than the discount my insurance (Dairly Land) allows for me being a member of a club, so I don't care if they are lousy, its like money in the bank for me.

prs

·
Registered
4,214 Posts
wingman57 said:
Just use AAA Plus and towing is good for up to 125 miles. That should cover you for any tow that you need. $106 per year, you get what you pay for.
AAA told me they don't cover motorcycles. AAA has towed a motorcycle for you?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts