GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So here is an interesting update on my 6 month old HSA flashing light. After calling the dealership and letting them know the problem hasn't yet been solved by their last try, I then called North American Honda and spoke to the CS rep I have been working with since the beginning. He called me back asking if I had spoken with the dealership. Odd question because I told him the day before i had. He said "No, like today".... Ahhhhhh no, why? We know what the fix is, and he (the Service Manager) does as well... huh... what? Yeah he knows what to do next and we have a solution if that one doesn't work that will 100% fix the issue.

He went on to say, "I know you like that dealer, but perhaps they aren't doing everything they can and maybe you should work with another dealer... WTH !!!!!

So do I believe the dealership who I FELT like was taking care of me. Gave me the best price for the bike within a 4 state range. Or do I believe Corp America?

So now I'm waiting to hear from the dealer... I'm at a loss for how Honda is managing this case.

·
Registered
2018 Honda Gold Wing
7,551 Posts
So what is the 100% fix? My bike is going to the dealer next week for the flashing Hill Start light. The dealer called me today and said that after talking with Honda they were told to check and document a few things first, but most likely its the switch in the clutch. My dealer is ordering the switches before my bike goes in. My 2018 has been flawless except for this flashing light that just started on my last ride at 6500 miles.

·
Premium Member
759 Posts
This does not surprise me. I am surprised that Honda would say that. If you research my posts on the BMW forums you will find that I constantly say if a dealer can't fix your problem to check with another. We have 5 BMW dealers in Colorado I can only recommend 1 dealer. I can only hope that I made the right decision when I picked a good dealer.

·
Registered
19,236 Posts
My HSA works properly. Is this limited to certain models? What is the scoop?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The switches have been replaced 6x on my bike. It's hard to believe that 6 switches are bad. This is a problem that seems to be getting worse and worse on the 6 speed. Honda can't keep GUESSING what's wrong, which is what they did/are doing with mine, and now they are doing it with yours.

I'm only GUESSING the 100% fix is a new bike.

·
Registered
2018 Honda Gold Wing
7,551 Posts
My HSA works properly. Is this limited to certain models? What is the scoop?
Its with the 6-speed. Seems that the switch in the clutch lever may have a problem. Maybe Honda had a bad batch of switches. Honda had a problem with the front brake switch with the old model in the early years and came out with improved front brake switch that fixed the issue...most likely the same with this issue with the 6-speeds

·
Registered
2018 Honda Gold Wing
7,551 Posts
The switches have been replaced 6x on my bike. It's hard to believe that 6 switches are bad. This is a problem that seems to be getting worse and worse on the 6 speed. Honda can't keep GUESSING what's wrong, which is what they did/are doing with mine, and now they are doing it with yours.

I'm only GUESSING the 100% fix is a new bike.
I hope its just that Honda had a batch of bad switches. My 03 had a bad front brake switch back in the early years, it was replaced 3 times before the the problem was fixed, hopefully its just as simple as the vendors has to make new switches that actually work.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Its with the 6-speed. Seems that the switch in the clutch lever may have a problem. Maybe Honda had a bad batch of switches. Honda had a problem with the front brake switch with the old model in the early years and came out with improved front brake switch that fixed the issue...most likely the same with this issue with the 6-speeds
I find it hard to believe that the problem is a switch. If a switch goes bad, I don't think it "fixes itself". I had the flashing HSA light problem once, about 6,000 miles ago. Then the problem disappeared. Have no clue what the problem was, or why it went away. But I doubt it was a bad switch that fixed itself. Just hope Honda figures out the cause / fix before the problem rears its ugly head again on my bike.

But if it does, I can live with it. Mechanically the bike has been absolutely flawless and a joy to drive for 9,000 miles :grin2:

Reactions: thekid

·
Registered
432 Posts
Greenham and Roadie thanks for the updates.... Also following on the facebook site. My bike has also been flawless during the 11,000 km's I have risen EXCEPT for the flashing HSA light which has happened 5 times. It is certainly NOT acceptable to me and I'm definitely following what you guys are doing. Dealers don't seem to have an answer so I don't think Honda is saying much to them. Greenham you mentioned on the facebook page that Honda thinks the ABS might be tied into this and is a BIG fix..... that is disturbing that they might have to do a big tear down but keep us posted for sure. The guessing on Honda's part is also not good.....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts