GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Lurker for Life
172 Posts
Good Luck

Best of Luck on your trip... Let me know if you need anything... I have family up that way.

I highly recommend Rattlesnake Pass from Enterprise OR to Lewiston ID.

Southern ID (75 through Ketchum west) is great but so is US 12 across Northern ID

Ride Safe

Tom

·
Registered
166 Posts
PNW trip

I live about 10 miles SW of Portland in a little town called "Tigard". be happy to visit with you :coffee1:eek:r provide any help on your trip... short of dollars.:wink:

·
Registered
556 Posts
if you pass through my old stomping grounds of Cowlitz co WA along the I-5 corridor, it will probably be raining....200 days a year!
have a great ride.

·
Registered
7,797 Posts
You are going to love the PNW! I did that trip in July. Spent three weeks touring WA and OR and didn't want to leave. :thumbup:

·
Registered
9,393 Posts
Have a glorious and safe trip, my friend. Say, hello, to your lovely lady for me.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Like wingshadow I also live in the Portland area. If you make it up this way and have a few, give a shout. We could provide a meal, a beverage of your choice (coffee, tea, soda, or water) and a freindly chat. Have a safe trip. FYI the weather has been warm and nice and is to stay that way at least for the next week or so.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Touch base if you need anything while you're in the neighborhood.
Have a safe trip.

·
Registered
556 Posts
You picked a good time to go. The PNW usually experiences its 2 weeks of summer this time of year. Meaning it may be more dry than wet for a couple weeks.

wrong again! I know from living over 30 yrs of my life there.
summer is on a thursday this year!

·
Registered
5,260 Posts
Have a great trip... and of course a report will be due upon return. :yes1:

·
Registered
5,260 Posts
You are clearly going by hearsay rather than experience.
Seems to be a lot of that lately here on the board... about a lot of subjects.

·
Registered
512 Posts
wrong again! I know from living over 30 yrs of my life there.
summer is on a thursday this year!
Speaking of wrong, you just hit the jackpot. Over the last 61 years I've been in the area it's not always Thursday. It could be any other day of the week depending on the global warming thing. And because of that we will have had two days of summer this year. Those days are due to arrive next week. Sure glad it's such horrible weather here. Tends to keep the riff raff away and the ones that where here forces them to move to Texas. :thumbup:

·
Registered
556 Posts
damn! i moved too early, your summer is now twice as long as when i lived there!

·
Registered
512 Posts
damn! i moved too early, your summer is now twice as long as when i lived there!
You can always come back for a visit next summer. I'll email you the exact dates when I find out when it is. Maybe you could bring some of that miserable hot weather Texas has been having or should i say has every year.
On a lighter note. Been in the upper eighties and low nineties for a few weeks now. 97 forecast for the weekend. Nice evening breeze to cool things off a little. My kind of paradise. It's never to hot to ride and never to wet. Snow and ice is another subject.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts