GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me and a couple of friends will be coming up the start of October and riding HWY 12, from Phoenix.My friend stayed in Kanab,but it looks it is a ways to get to HWY 12. Is Hatch a good town to get a hotel or would you stay elsewhere? Looking forward to riding that great road. THX for any help. :thumbup:

·
Registered
86 Posts
we stayed in hatch last year in a small cabin on the highway, clean, nothing fancy, reasonable rate. 50s style cafe had great food. look at hatch hotels .com about 24 miles to bryce.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Not to hijack the tread but just wondering if Hwy 12 is still a great motorcycle road? I thought I saw where it was being opened up to truck traffic that would cause the road to be shut down on a scheduled basis.

So anyone know what's going on?

I plan to be on Hwy 12 early in September.

Thanks

·
Registered
7,797 Posts
Not to hijack the tread but just wondering if Hwy 12 is still a great motorcycle road? I thought I saw where it was being opened up to truck traffic that would cause the road to be shut down on a scheduled basis.

So anyone know what's going on?

I plan to be on Hwy 12 early in September.

Thanks
I think the OP is referring to State Hwy 12 in Utah and not U. S. 12 through Idaho. The one you are thinking of that will have periodic delays and scheduled closures because of heavy truck traffic is Hwy 12 through Lolo Pass in ID. When I stayed in Orofino, ID in July, the Motel owner told me that large sections of Highway 12 through ID are scheduled for repaving this year he thought. Better check with ID DOT website for road construction information. Send me a PM if you have specific questions. My apologies if you are not talking about Hwy 12 in ID.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Thanks for setting me straight! Yes, I will be in Utah not Idaho!

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
The Utah Highway 12 was great last weekend!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts