GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going NW on Hwy 30 out of Brattleboro, VT would someone know if they have some covered bridges on that route?? Planning to end up around Poultney.

TIA.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Yes. There's several in the area some used daily.
There's 1 off Rte.9 Brattleboro
then head N. Rte.30 toward W. Dummerston-
Newfane-
Townshed-
Then N. Rte.35
Grafton-
several around Rochingham-
Then back S. to Putney
That's 8 or 10 and just a short ride out of the way and back.
Happy sightseeing!!

·
Registered
903 Posts
BTW - pretty tight lipped bunch up that way - don't feel bad - they won't even talk to me after I left home. No bad riding in Vt.(only bad roads)!!

·
Registered
903 Posts
New England's roads suffer from freeze/thaw, some are maintained better than others, Vermont is not known for their secondary road repairs, Mass. is not a whole lot better, NH probably has the best(as long as you're not in the endless road repair back-ups). None are that bad - nothing a toddy at the end of the day won't cure- just not the smooth ribbon of asphalt in the South. JMHO:joke:

·
Registered
66 Posts
Just got back

Wife and I just got back from all the NE states. Interstates are bad and back roads are worse. Blew both low beams hitting potholes on the interstate. Wing is an 05 with 50,000 so it was probably time for new bulbs. Zumo 665 routed us through the covered bridge near Brattleburo. I was pulling a Piggybacker trailer so I was not real happy to do the covered bridge with the 2 builtup tracks on the bridge,but we did ok.
Everyone told us to watch out for moose. Never saw the first one in 16 days of travel. They must have been watching out for us.

Our favorite places in Maine were Bar Harbor and a little town on the NE shore,Lubec. Its the Eastern most town in the USA. Bright as midday at 5AM. We got some pretty early starts because we always thought we were late hitting the rode. Lots of fun and a great adventure,but be sure to check your bike each day for lights and things coming loose from the bumps.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts