GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hwy 56 is undergoing construction.Shut down to one lane in several places between Sewanee and Sherwood.There are some sections that have been sliding off the mountain for quite some time now and Franklin County has just been patching them the best they can.

Looks like it's time for a make over.I hope they get it right....this is a good road:thumbup:

·
Registered
240 Posts
ok i need to ask . wheres HWY 56 :shrug: have i mist out on one of the southeast great road :?

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I hope they don't straighten it out any. Don't think they can. I love that rode. When are we going the boat dock ride Bobby?
I'll be sure and set that up this year for sure...always enjoy having you Alabama riders over.Good riding weather is almost on us.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok i need to ask . wheres HWY 56 :shrug: have i mist out on one of the southeast great road :?
The part that's under construction cuts off Hwy 41a just before you really get into Sewanee,TN.Takes you over thru Sherwood and into Scottsboro,AL.I always try to make the loop so that I can come back through Crow Mountain and back onto Hwy 16.I just love the "Winding Stairs".

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
The part that's under construction cuts off Hwy 41a just before you really get into Sewanee,TN.Takes you over thru Sherwood and into Scottsboro,AL.I always try to make the loop so that I can come back through Crow Mountain and back onto Hwy 16.I just love the "Winding Stairs".
I think I've been on that road before, maybe! At least I've been to Sewanee once.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Worth exploring

Not to mention the scenery but there's a Natural Bridge near 41A. Makes a good place to stop and stretch and take in some scenery. I like the edifice just south of Sherwood off to your left headed south. Had to explore it just to find out what the heck it was. (And no, I'm not giving hints). Check it out yourself. And coming back up 79(AL) you have the Walls of Jericho Trail. So many roads, so little time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts