GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been posted before?

Would love to do a set of valve covers and matching rims in this. What would you do?

:thumbup:

·
Registered
4,236 Posts
In paisley!!! How cool would that be!:joke:
Seriously though, once the graphc gets applied, how durable would it be, or are there subsuquent steps to preserve it?

·
Banned
8,220 Posts
With hydrographics, the process is media blast, base color , hydro film, clear coat . Holds up like a paint job .. no polishing for about 30 days for clear to completely cure, after than wash & wax ..
I've had the following done in carbon fiber on my 2012 Gl18:
1) Rotor covers
2)lower cowl
3)header exhaust covers
4)pillion bottom plates
5) saddle bag covers
6) fuel cover
7)rear fender cover

The shelter side strips that pop off, were done in a Burl Wood inlay, as well as he speaker molds of the meter cover.
Here's the rotor covers:
Where did you have this done?

·
Registered
389 Posts
Wing Bling in Floral City Fl
www.mywingbling.com
352-400-4916
Michael done my 04 1800 dash and pocket lids, Outstanding job my dash is on his webn site.
Jack

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That stuff is so cool! How pricey if you don't mind us asking?

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow! Not bad at all... Love the effect. Gonna have to figure out what to do!

:thumbup:

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
If you have trouble locating someone to do the work, check with some gun shops. This is getting to be very popular with the AR rifle folks, as is ceracoating, which would also work nicely on GW parts.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Wife and I went to Daytona fun machines in holly hill that's we're wing bling is for bike week. We are doing whole dash panel kit around 1300 bucks but looks awesome. Real nice guy and stands behind his product.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts