GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed hyperlights on their 2018 GL1800?

I had them installed on my 2002 1800 and they really enhanced the visibility of the brakes and turn signals lights. But, I had them installed professionally.

Any hints you can provide to make this a clean and safe self-install would be appreciated. They'll be mounted under my luggage rack.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Installed a Feniex T3. Cheaper and brighter I think. Also very good quality with 14 different patterns.

I used the Show Chrome fuse block which makes for a very nice install.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Would you care to share a few pics?

I would love to. However I just went to my Photobucket account that I haven't used in years and they want me to pay or delete some pics. It won't let me delete any pics.:frown2:

Is there any way to post pics here or anyone know another free and simple photo hosting site? I don't do enough with pictures to pay.

I would still have to take some pics or a video. I could text them to you or anyone that would like to post them. Thanks

·
Registered
409 Posts
Didn't know you could do that. Will get a pic or two this afternoon and try my luck. Will an attachment do a video too?

This is all if I can figure that out.

·
Registered
409 Posts
I made a little stand off for the light the screw head visible on the bottom connects to the mode wire. I have a small wire in the top box that I can touch between the screw and ground to change modes.

Couldn't get video to work but lights are very bright like emergency vehicles. There are videos on line that show different modes.

Didn't mean to hi jack thread.

Attachments

·
Registered
564 Posts
Installed a Feniex T3. Cheaper and brighter I think. Also very good quality with 14 different patterns.

I tried to find out from the Feniex web site on the flash patterns of the T3, and couldn't find a description of the patterns. Does this have a flash (3 or 4 times) then steady? This is required in some states. The constant flash pattern for brake lights is illegal in my state (must go steady after 7 flashes).

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
I love ❤ Hyperlights! I just wish the brake lights were higher up!

·
Registered
178 Posts
Thx BR-549

Those are nice looking and functional supplemental lights. Great price @ $30 for red. Been looking for something like that.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts