GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody got these? and where did you put them on the Wing? I tried the Back-off modulator but removed it as it wasn't what I expected in terms of attention getting. The hyperlite modules look to be fairly bright but I would like to install them on the Wing where they are both effective and aesthetically pleasing? Any help would be greatly appreciated? :) Good riding.

·
Squating Member
7,056 Posts
they make a set that goes right behind the passenger are rests.

most mount them there anyway but these are cut to be placed there...

F

·
0 Posts
This is reposted from another thread...this one: http://www.gl1800riders.com/forums/view ... hyperlites

I have a set from this place: http://www.lifebrite.com/products.shtml

Had them on my previous bike and transferred them to the Wing when I bought it. I have the LB100 series which worked great on my last bike. For the Wing, I've basically desabled the "flash" mode and have them wired into my trunk lights, so they flash in sync with the Backoff device. http://www.hondadirectlineusa.com/store ... =478486026

Here's a pic of my setup:

There's a nice flat panel under the trunk where I mounted mine. Easy access to the trunk and tail lights for connecting. No holes to drill as I fished the wires up through openings where the pull handles are for the trunk and saddlebags.

Mike

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
Both of ours is where Mike mounted his, up under the trunk. If you only want them to blink for 5 seconds and then stay lit solid you cut one wire. If you don't they will keep blinking all the while you have the brake on. In our state that is against the law. So, what Holly and I do is hit the brake and then let it go and hit it again and again if we are at a stop sign and traffic is coming up from behind us. We just want to make sure they see us.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks very much for your replies. I really like the idea of placing these lights on the underside of the trunk and the pictures have definitely sold me on that location. I do have a couple of questions, How far back from the face of the trunk are they located? and Are the wires from lights coming out the back or sides?
Again, thanks very much for all your replies. :D

F

·
0 Posts
Here's a couple more closeup pics that'll give you a better idea on how they were mounted and wires routed...

Inside the trunk, I removed the back panel for access to the trunk lighting wires. I tapped directly into those brake wires (soldered and heat shrink tubing!) with the hyperlites so they flash in sync with the back-off flasher. My back-off flasher flashes both lights a number of times, then goes on solid.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Fatfenders, great pics and a very nice job. I hope you don't mind if I copy it. This helps me out a great deal and again thanks for the info. Good riding. :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts