GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had several conversations with 4&6 Racing in Skokie IL which is a RaceTech Center among other things. They feel very strongly that the hyperpro front springs are the best springs to use in the 1800. Has anyone had any first hand experience with their springs or the use of the Race Tech Cartridge.

Thanks
Maddog

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
springs

"Mad-Dog",
I have had progressive fork springs and rear spring replacement for almost a year. I'm thinking this combo will be extremely hard to beat, my bike handles like it's on rails. Does NOT drag anything in the corners at all, and i'm no lightweight. 6 ft 3 and 245 pounds.
JD :biker:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Springs

Thanks JD for the reply. I had progressives on my 1500 '88' & it made a huge difference on that old dog. I was just wondering about the Hyperpro on the 1800.

Appreciate it.

Maddog

·
Registered
20 Posts
Are the springs hard to replace. Also my bike only has 12000 miles, this is my first Gold Wing. how long should original springs last? Thank you.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hyperpro

Trey the fronts are easy to do ...the back system is another animal altogether. At 12 grand on your bike you should be just fine the way it is. As far as longevity...that is subjective per rider.

Maddog

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
spring longevity

Trey,
My front and rear springs began softening up at 20k range there abouts. I'm thinking the more weight you have on the bike the quicket the suspension softens.
I'm running about 390 riding double, plus pulling a bushtec most of the time.
JD
:biker: :biker: :biker: :biker: :biker: :biker: :biker: :biker:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts