GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would the Hondaline armrests work in conjunction with the Kuryakyn armrests?

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'm going to bump this since I have had over 180 looks and no replies.

Perhaps I could ask it this way...

Would someone here that has the Hondaline Armrests please tell me how far forward they protrude from the speaker area?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
7,613 Posts
You could measure the picture, then measure the bike then do some math to get an idea.

A = measurement of stock pod top in picture

B = measurement of Hondaline in picture

C = measurement of stock pod top on bike

D = what the actual length of the Hondaline is (the unknown)

A/B = C/D so (C x B) / A = D

D minus C = how far they stick out. Granted, this is approximate, but a good idea.

But, It looks like the Kurys will be below the Hondaline since the Hondaline sit on top of the pod. If so, it won't make a difference. But that could be an optical illusion from the angle of the picture.

Anyway, best wait for someone who can tell ya by actually measuring.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I don't know anything about the Kury armrests, but I do have the Hondaline and they protrude 2 inches from the top of the speaker and 1 1/2 inches from the bottom of the speaker. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Bob R said:
I don't know anything about the Kury armrests, but I do have the Hondaline and they protrude 2 inches from the top of the speaker and 1 1/2 inches from the bottom of the speaker. Hope that helps.
Bob,

What's the skinny with the install on the Hondaline? Someone told me they come with 7 pages of instructions which seems rather involved compared to what they look like.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
It takes some time to install the armrests and the originals cannot be reinstalled once you have made the swap. Hinged bracing is required to support the weight that can be placed on the armrests. I was surprised at the amount of work since the job "looked" so simple.
That said, I had no real problems and it was the first item I installed on my Wing.

Andy

·
Registered
197 Posts
Andy's right. It looks like it should be a rather simple operation. That's apparently what the tech at the dealership thought also, because he said he would install them for me for free if I purchased them there. I know it took him close to two hours, so I guess I really got a bargain. He said it wasn't too difficult, just time consuming. I think you may be able to download the installation instructions off the Kury web site.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Bob R said:
Andy's right. It looks like it should be a rather simple operation. That's apparently what the tech at the dealership thought also, because he said he would install them for me for free if I purchased them there. I know it took him close to two hours, so I guess I really got a bargain. He said it wasn't too difficult, just time consuming. I think you may be able to download the installation instructions off the Kury web site.
I think you may be able to download the installation instructions off the Kury web site.
Bob, are we talking Hondaline or Kury here? :roll: :?

·
Registered
19,069 Posts
will the Hondaline above fit an 05?

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
We were talking about the Honda rests that fit the 06 and 07 models. The speaker housing is different in 06 & 07, so they will not fit earlier models.

Andy

·
Registered
19,069 Posts
Thanks Andy that is what I thought I got a 05

·
Registered
197 Posts
Sorry

I got my product lines mixed up. I have the Hondaline arm rests. I don't think you can download the instructions for them. I know you can download instructions from the Kury site for their arm rests, but I don't know if they would tell you or show how much clearance you need.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts