GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,
Has anyone added Ergo II pegs to the 2012 yet? I know the common setup for previous models was with 6" arms and Ergo II pegs. But I hear from a few 2012 owners, that the slightly wider fairing makes it uncomfortable because your legs rub against the fairing. Now I see that Kury. has a set of mini arms that extend further out to the sides and keep you away from the fairing. Has anyone tried this set up ? Also, it appears that the mini arms also require a longer reach to the pegs.
Thanks,
Dave

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have the 6" ergo II and like them. I'm 6' tall and can put my feet on them or hang my heel over them. When my heels are on top my leg is against the faring but not uncomfortable. No fairing interference with my feet on them.

·
Registered
166 Posts
i am only 5'7 and my legs do hit the fairing. i doesnt bug me and if i push my feet out about 1" my legs dont touch

·
Registered
441 Posts
I'm 5'9" and use the standard 6" arms. Seems to work for me.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Fairing width is the issue

At 6'4 and I have the ergo with 6" arms.
I do hit the fairing sides.
Riding split for a long way will be an issue.
I am not sure longer pegs would matter
I just cant do the splits

·
Registered
100 Posts
pegs

I am 5/10 and have the 6 inch arms My legs will rug in certian positions I have ordered the extenders and I think that will solve that problem I will let you know
Brian:coffee1:

·
Registered
358 Posts
Hwy Arms

Hi Guys,
Has anyone added Ergo II pegs to the 2012 yet? I know the common setup for previous models was with 6" arms and Ergo II pegs. But I hear from a few 2012 owners, that the slightly wider fairing makes it uncomfortable because your legs rub against the fairing. Now I see that Kury. has a set of mini arms that extend further out to the sides and keep you away from the fairing. Has anyone tried this set up ? Also, it appears that the mini arms also require a longer reach to the pegs.
Thanks,
Dave
I am 5'10" and I tried the Rivco arms. The quality of the product was very good, but I just could not get comfortable. I've settled in on the Mic-O-Pegs arms with Rivco footrests.

If you want to try the Rivco arms I'll ship them to you. If you like them send me $100.00, if you don't like them then just return them within 30 days.

email me at [email protected]

bbc

I

·
Registered
610 Posts
I'm only 5'9", just mounted the ergo II with switch blades. It felt comfortable to me, but haven't had it out to test ride it for comfort yet.
Will get to give them a good try Sat. on the way up to Region D rally. :eek:4:

·
Registered
6,535 Posts
Just be careful with those boards... they are known for reducing your lean angle. Yes, I saw the position you have them in.... just keep in mind that you can not lean the bike over as far with that setup.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts