GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
04 Candy Black Cherry w/ABS in the garage.
It's really impressive color when you look up close.
No wonder they used the same color on the Rune also. Anyways...
I am still trying to figure it out what button does what...
Dang!!! Too many buttons to push...
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Jim,

Bet you are one proud fellow. Glad you made it home in good shape. And Yes I too like Candy Black Cherry.

Bulldog

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Congrats on slipping her into the garage safe and sound.....now ya just have to move your bed out there :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

hope your other half understands your mistress :D

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Bulldog....

and Gary, my problem is: my other half wants to be with my mistress more than I do...
Do you think something wrong with her ?
:lol:

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
In that case Jim....you should be parking your new beauty right next to the master bed.....best of BOTH worlds!! 8) :D 8)

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Congrats Jim!

Did you enjoy the (s)miles on the ride home? The bike didn't wander off the direct path did it? That seems to be a real problem with mine. :lol:

I found all the buttons a little intimidating at first. They are located fairly well though, you will get the hang of it prety quick.

Now you have to beware of the accessory demon. :D

·
Registered
376 Posts
Congratulations on the new arrival. Hope you enjoy many safe, happy miles together. Ride safe.

markie

·
Registered
498 Posts
Well! Post a picture of your new love so we can drool too!! :a13:

Paul H.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Jim Davis said:
Thanks Bulldog....

and Gary, my problem is: my other half wants to be with my mistress more than I do...
NOTHING at all wrong with her... YOU are a lucky guy!! :D

·
Registered
263 Posts
I have a question. I almost got mine from there too. Does it have CA emissions and does that rob power. That was one of the dealers selling point aimed at me and another dealership I went to. he said it would be a CA bike.

I didn't believe it made a difference and might be good if in ther future I did move to CA.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
deepfeet said:
I have a question. I almost got mine from there too. Does it have CA emissions and does that rob power. That was one of the dealers selling point aimed at me and another dealership I went to. he said it would be a CA bike.

I didn't believe it made a difference and might be good if in ther future I did move to CA.
From the research I did before taking a Wing home....the 1800 meets emission standards for 2008, so there is no difference between one purchased in CA or other parts of the country. I believe that paticular emission difference went out the window in the '70s

·
Thirsty Member
2,579 Posts
Jim - congrats on your new Wing.

The only person smiling more than a person with a new Wing is Hal..........soon you'll understand why !! :D :D :D

That's not a bad thing - we all know that if he's smiling, we're smiling too.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks Guys,

And Steve>>> Hal was smiling since years because of me.... The reason was a Valkyrie Interstate...
You know what I mean...
Today it's the biggest storm of the year expected dang it....
The good part of it, they said it'll last 4 to 6 hours.
:D

·
Registered
436 Posts
Jim,

Congratulations! Did you ever want to get off of it once you started? It is very addictive. Learn all of the buttons while not riding the bike verses learing them while riding :wink:

·
Registered
264 Posts
Jim wrote:
my problem is: my other half wants to be with my mistress more than I do...
Nothing wrong with her, but it sounds like you may have to make room in your garage for another one.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Deepfeet: I think my deal wasn't that bad at all.

$16,400 for the 04 Candy Black Cherry w/ABS.
Taxes, fees and everything else was 18,290 out the door.
So I grabbed it.

and,

Black Warrior (Garry ) ; Thanks for the advice. I do exactly the same. Just ride around without playing with the buttons. Then learn their functions with manual on one hand while I'm sitting on it in my garage.
This way I have an excuse ( like storing my radio stations or rear shock settings in to the memory) for sitting on it for hours while I can't go out and ride.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts